Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
That's where scripting is handy. I can write you a script that spawns an enemy(boss) when a boss dies.
Could said script prevent the boss from dropping its item until the chain of fights has been completed? (Actually, it probably could if an invisible intangible enemy was included on screen and only killed when the final boss is slain).
I did see LoadNPC in the documentation (it appears to function based on enemy ID), but I wasn't sure how I was going to check if the previous stage had been defeated yet. I'm also worried that if I script a boss swap the first one will drop the Big Triforce before the second one spawns (or is that something only the Ganon enemy type can do?)

My other thought was the classic boss stage trick, wherein the boss triggers secrets that turn the floor into pit warps that transport the player to the next phase of the boss. That probably falls under the umbrella of cutscene though.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. I suppose the first step I should take is plotting out the map layout of the dungeons with empty rooms. I guess I was focusing on enemies/bosses so early because I want to compress the tiles into as tight a space as possible (it's so elegant that fourth quest only uses two pages of tiles; it must really save on file space).