Quote Originally Posted by Glenn the Great View Post
These are just my opinions, but here are some things I'd like to see:

- The overall format of the quest stays the same: 9 dungeons, must complete 1-8 to access the 9th.

- Standard quest rules (1st + 2nd quest) and classic tileset.

- Dungeons design (block placement, enemy types) should be up to the quest creator. New enemies should be allowed (within reason, as with new items). Any dungeon can have up to 2 items, to make room for any new items included.
I agree with these. I would say the graphics included in 2.5 are all fair game. NES rules and NES style dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn the Great View Post

- All of the classic Z1 items should be present, but new items such as the hookshot are allowed. I'm not sure what items are available nowadays, so there may be need to be some exceptions to this rule.

- No scripting or cutscenes. This is to keep the presentation consistent with Zelda 1.

- Overworld should be the same as in the 1st and 2nd quest, with the allowance for 2 screens to be modified. Modifications should be free-form (not have to be a copy of some other screen on the overworld).

- Link starts in the same screen as usual, and the first cave contains the Wooden Sword. Please none of this "swordless Link" bullshit!
Not so much these. I don't agree with requiring all Z1 items. If someone doesn't want to include the wand or boomerang what would it matter much? I'd personally like to see new items with the item editor. I also would like to see more leniency with the overworld. Maybe a limit on original screen but also allow some rearranging and tweaking. I think scripting should not only be allowed but encouraged or required. We are finishing the Nth quests with a bang! Obviously items or scripts that interfere with the with Z1 gameplay or feel would be barred. Definitely no cutscenes. Do we really need to force people to start Link and the sword at the same place? I agree with you on the no swordless Link thing. The sword should be easily available at the start of the quest..

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
I was mostly waiting until 2-week mania subsided at pzc, since the best/most entrants would arguably come from there. Regardless of that, we need a team of volunteer judges and a workable rule-set. While we have until the end of the contest to stock up on judges, the rules need to be priority one.
This topic is just to get the rules layed down. Once we do then we will start figuring who, when, and how. In any case the 2 week contest is about over right? People are playing the quests and voting so that should be wrapped up soon, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
I would have to say no to the requirement to being able to beat the 3rd quest, primarily because of how crazy it is.
I'm sorry but I agree with Gleeok. A judge for this contest should be able to complete 3rd and should have also completed 4th. We don't want a judge who will trash quests because they are too difficult for him/her.