vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.92%

Not A Bug ZC launcher uses wrong working directory

From my email:

Hello,
    I have found something that can be called a bug. I am working on gaming edition of my distribution, and when I asked users, they voted to include ZC as preinstalled. As a base I am using Lubuntu 12.04 minimal. I downloaded ZC 2.5, extracted and double click on zlaunch-l says "Zelda Classic was not detected. Please place ZCL in the ZC directory". I have tried with a shortcut as well, but the problem persisted. The only way it worked is when in terminal I got to the location where I had put the directory, and than in the next line do ./zlaunch-l. For example this line would not work:
    /usr/share/games/ZeldaClassic/zlaunch-l
    But this lines will:
    cd /usr/share/games/ZeldaClassic/
    ./zlaunch-l

This means that environment variable is passed, which I was able to resolve with a simple bash script, but I fear that regular users might not be able to see this.

Cheers,
    Aleksandar
    Last edited by XMuppetSB; 01-09-2013 at 11:41 AM.

O_o?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.37%
    Lucky Ctrl-Alt-Del got a hold of me. This is in fact no a bug. The user is trying to move the game to /usr/share/ folder. Which when it comes to being at a user level and not a root level, the folder is read only. Zlaunch-l works with relative directories and always has been. And if I recall that also means zc is not saving the configs as it should You would need to have root access to be able to do such a thing. So this isn't a bug.

Thread Information