User Tag List

Thread: HowHigh

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    State Of Love And Trust, United State Of Amorica.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.43%
    so, Brad Dashie is giving my quest a try, but he has a hearing disability, so I don't expect him to provide feedback on the new music that I have been eagerly anticipating. oh, well. here's hoping he likes the quest, regardless. he also reminded me to add the clarification that 1.92 players are reportedly capable of adhering to (most of) the intended design of the quest, so folks can feel (relatively) safe using those versions without worry that they will get to level eight and find they cannot complete the game due to incompatibility SNAFUs.

so:

-good luck, @Dashie dude.
    -y'all can expect this quest to mostly work with any 1.9 player(s), but it won't work right with any 2s.
    -somebody play this thing and comment on the soundtrack, which, until this year, hadn't changed for the better since development began in 2001.
    Last edited by trudatman; 10-06-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.43%
    @Dashie Brad is one funny dude. I love those outbursts! here he is spending over an hour getting through the first twenty minutes of the game. there are some hard parts that had him stumped, but he stuck with it and it's a good thing that he has excellent fighting skills, because it seems that 1.92 players aren't ideal, as they require more hits than they should (at least twenty when it should be sixteen) to defeat the two-headed gleeok. that is going to make this game harder than it should be. oh, well, Brad's sword skills should get him through the gleeok battles. I wonder if all of the gleeoks will be extra hard... the forty-headed gleeok may be a bit much, but that is a long way away at this rate. so, readers... if you can run 1.90, play it in that. if the gleeoks are too hard, use the password 723 to edit them out, otherwise, I guess. also, the cracked house at the very end of the video was supposed to blow up (it does in 1.90 and I guess I figure I can "fix" that so it is more forward compatible), but you aren't missing much down that way. looks like I need to retract the recommendation that 1.92 players are okay; it looks like they are functional, but not ideal. here's hoping we get more videos like this one. thanks, Brad!

[video moved to a later post]
    Last edited by trudatman; 11-05-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.43%
    yeah, I'm pretty sure he was using an incompatible player. I recommend 1.90. if that isn't possible, 1.92b184 should work. I believe 1.92b183 will also work, as long as you don't try to view the map. all 2-point-whatevers will make the game too hard and impossible to beat.

Thread Information