User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Most Memorable Gaming Moment (challenge accepted)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.89%
    This is my most memorable gaming moment:

Game had only been out for a week, dozens of hours of coin searching after having beaten the main game, no guides, pre-Internet. I was 100% unprepared for what I was about to encounter.

I was determined to see this stage. I shat the proverbial bricks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvv6NxOB29g

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.73%
    Not my greatest achievement, for sure, but the most memorable moment for me was getting the Master Sword for the first time in A Link to the Past. The music that played and seeing the pendents move while the screen flashed and Link pulls out the sword was pretty awesome the first time I saw it when I was seven.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    Beating "Zombies Ate My Neighbors", from Level 1 to Credits, in one sitting (Well, that's really the only way you could beat that game).

I got it on the second try. It took four hours.
    I've STILL not beaten that game.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.89%
    Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    Not my greatest achievement, for sure, but the most memorable moment for me was getting the Master Sword for the first time in A Link to the Past. The music that played and seeing the pendents move while the screen flashed and Link pulls out the sword was pretty awesome the first time I saw it when I was seven.
    I'll second that one. Actually what I remember even more, which is related because it happened on the same day, was when it finally dawned on me, after being stuck for maybe two weeks, how to use the Magic Mirror to get in the Tower of Hera.
    It sucked just staring at the bottom rung of that pretty tower wondering how to get in and what was inside. I had just turned 8 years old (the game was my birthday present) and it was probably the first puzzle in a video game to seriously challenge me.

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.38%
    It was 1988, and I found Level 7 in the original Legend of Zelda, after several months of despair. None of my friends knew how. We had found every other level long ago except for that one. I also remember that day because we had really good pizza.

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.39%
    I've had lots of good gaming memories, but I'd rather list some of the challenges I took on:

- Getting to Ganon with no sword in the 1st & 2nd quests in the original Legend of Zelda.
    - Getting to Ganon with the wooden sword, no ring, and only 8 hearts in the original Legend of Zelda (this was a personal challenge of mine). I couldn't beat him with just 8 hearts though, cause it takes 16 hits to turn him red with the wooden sword and I kept dying, so I wound up getting the rest of the hearts and then coming back to beat him.
    - Defeating Lavos with just Chrono on a New Game+ of Chrono Trigger (you get the Developer's Ending by doing this).
    - Beating Ocarina of Time with only 3 hearts.
    - Finishing all the challenges in Super Mario Bros Deluxe on GBC (ever defeat Bowser using fireballs in every world?).
    - Beating all the missions in every difficulty in F-Zero GX. THIS IS THE TOUGHEST THING IN GAMING THAT I'VE EVER DONE.
    - Unlocking and then beating level 9-1 in DKC Returns
    - Unlocking and then beating the Land of the Livid Dead level in Rayman Origins (this level is grueling!)

I'm sure there are others I've done, but those are all I can think of right now. I attempted a Metroid Fusion 1% run - I got all the way to the Space Jump boss (some spider thing), and I think I beat him, but the SA-X killed me in the chase scene that followed.

I also thought about attempting a Majora's Mask 3-day run, but it would take a lot of planning and I haven't played the game in so long. btw, for that challenge you play through the mandatory 3 days and get the Ocarina of Time, and then you beat the game in the next 3 day cycle. So... you never use the Ocarina to go back to the 1st day at all. This is also called the 6-day challenge by some people.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%
    Faxanadu has a bright cream-colored background on the box art...

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.56%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    It'll have spoilers in it.

• Super Metroid: Just as King Aquamentus said, that stint at the very end of Super Metroid was fantastic. When you're basically beaten to a bloody pulp, with a single hit point left after a completely unavoidable beam of purified death hits you like ten thousand bricks, then your little Metroid kiddo comes in and sacrifices its life for you and gives you a weapon that hits Mother Brain back like the very same ton of bricks (Seriously, soooo satisfying to see her head crane back like that.) that was just the best thing to see. You can really feel the intensity of the situation.
    • Tales of Symphonia - Yep, it's quite the spoiler if you haven't played it, or if you haven't gotten a third of the way in yet.
      Spoiler: show
      About halfway (Maybe a third?) through the game, you find out that Colette is just basically angel-food of sorts, and that Remiel is not trying to actually help us, and that Kratos is an angel, and you get to meet Yggdrasil, all in one very major boss battle after very major boss battle after very major boss battle. Even one of these battles is the biggest jaw-dropper ever. But you get THREE of them IN A ROW. The first time I played through that, ... ... you just don't forget a thing like that. Honest.

• Borderlands 2: Spoilers!
      Spoiler: show
      We all know Handome Jack is a pretty effective arch-villain. But he's just so damned charismatic! He'll seriously charm the pants off you if you forget that he's just plain evil! He's hilarious, and he's always got a razor-sharp witty remark for you at every turn, and you kind of shrug it off. But then he captures Bloodwing, Mordecai's (From the last game) hawk. Y'know, the one that was his special move. You go off to rescue Bloodwing in the Hyperion Animal Exploitation Preserve, and you find out that you're way too late. Jack has turned Bloodwing into a slagged elementally-driven monster against you. (And is huge.) When you get Bloodwing's hit points down to nil, Mordecai tries to save it with a tranq dart, because, y'know, they're total BFFs. o_o They are. But that's when Jack hits a button and explodes Bloodwing's head. You seethe with rage as your victory has turned into a cause for mourning as Mordecai's bloodcurdling screams fill your radio. That, my friends, is when you really start to take Jack seriously and hate him. You hate him so much. That's that memorable moment when it's not your character that hates Jack, but you. It's extremely effective.

I don't even have to list what happens after that when you go and storm Jack's tower for the Vault Key. You'll find out what major game-turner that is when you get there. But if you've already played it, then you know I don't have to say anything at all. o_o

... god damn.

• Wind Waker - Final Battle. You've all played it already, so I won't put it in spoiler tags. You fight Ganondorf. With swords. On the Roof of a flooding palace underseas. With Zelda. The entire fight had a feeling of such epic scope because of all of that. I had a wonderful time there.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.54%
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    • Wind Waker - Final Battle. You've all played it already, so I won't put it in spoiler tags. You fight Ganondorf. With swords. On the Roof of a flooding palace underseas. With Zelda. The entire fight had a feeling of such epic scope because of all of that. I had a wonderful time there.
    My favorite game ending of all time.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.74%
    Quote Originally Posted by King Aquamentus View Post
    Faxanadu has a bright cream-colored background on the box art...
    My memory must be fuzzy then, but I haven't seen the box art for it forever.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.44%
    Most memorable gaming moment? eh? I guess it would be when I beat Starfox right before school started in the morning, and One more when I managed Zombies ate my neighbors, without having to use the password system.

Thread Information