Actually yes, apparently, you can do that. I haven't gotten nearly that far yet; I created a Japanese Yakuza Wanna-be kinda character. He's in his small hovel, working up logic via chess and books, and working out. He's a daytime

One thing about the game that I absolutely can't stand though, is the horrible flow of time. It goes WAAAY too fast. My Sim woke up at 6:30 to get to his 10:00 AM Job. It took him half an hour to get out of bed and yawn and walk over to the fridge. Took him a full hour to burn waffles and throw them away, and another half an hour to take out a pre-made bowl of cereal from the fridge (?!?) and walk into the living room and sit on the couch and eat it. He only just made it outside when his carpool arrived. He didn't even have time to go to the bathroom.

I mean geez, WTF. There isn't even a cheat code to slow the flow of time. :-z It goes like, a minute every two seconds. The fastest mode of time flow isn't even fast enough. It progresses time about five minutes every two seconds. Not fast enough for when nothing is happening. You have to watch your Sim sleep, and just watch for Burglars zipping through your house before you even have time to wake him up.