2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.55%

Re: Fallout 3 Is Fall-Bound.

Where'd you get $100 from?
    It is a bit more then 100$ at EBGames for the collectors edition and about 99$ for the standard version (I live in Australia so it is AUD, not USD).
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.64%

Quote Originally Posted by franpa View Post
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_bugs

I think I'm pretty happy I haven't bought this yet, 100$ for a game filled with tons of bugs? no thanks :/
    And yet ZC isn't the same right now?

On a side note:

Raiders spawn inside the stone bridge ramp between Wilhelm's Wharf and The Citadel. Raiders can shoot out from inside the solid walls.
    I'm certain that this isn't a bug in this matter, but a bug opposite of it - instead, the game didn't constantly check the distance between the player and the bridge, and kept the face that covers the windows instead of making it invisible when approached. I know this because you can enter from the back and find several things (most notably an intact, undamaged garden gnome) in the Raider outpost.

Although, I'm glad I'm not the only one having performance issues while in the Wastes or while executing VATS actions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.08%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Franpa, I played through the game on 360. Only once did I have a glitch. The game froze once. It could have been the 360 though. The only other thing I did notice and was a bit worried about was I "almost" got stuck in some rocks. I managed my way out pretty quick but it was a bit scary. Overall I don't think there are that many glitch problems.

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    97.36%

The only problem I've had was someone was trying to escape out a door, and I hit R2 for VATS just as they were fading away, and so they faded away, but the VATS pause-out stayed there, with no body to target, and I couldn't get out.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.58%

Yeah, I'm definitely not playing it without a patch.

Or a video card installed in the computer. :googly: I'm working off of the motherboard graphics card. :p

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.08%

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSwordUltima View Post
    The only problem I've had was someone was trying to escape out a door, and I hit R2 for VATS just as they were fading away, and so they faded away, but the VATS pause-out stayed there, with no body to target, and I couldn't get out.
    That reminds me of a glitch I had in Star Wars Force Unleashed. There are button press kill things, like Resident Evil 4 cutscenes. The thing is I used force lightning and killed the enemy but pressed the first button for the action sequence and got frozen, forever, in mid-air.

I know games are complex, but shouldn't these things be obvious things developers check? To have some failsafe devices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.64%

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely not playing it without a patch.

Or a video card installed in the computer. :googly: I'm working off of the motherboard graphics card. :p
    This is what's going in my custom-built desktop from class. I didn't order the parts, but I may be switching out the card anyway, to a 8800 GTX or 9800 GTX. I'd suggest the 9500 GT for someone like you - It's inexpensive, and has a performance that is similar to the 8600 GT, which is close to what I have on my laptop (8600M GT), and it can play Fallout 3 well in high settings if it weren't for those FPS drops. Of course, it depends if you can find one that matches your motherboard's clock speed... Otherwise, you're better off with a new computer.

Anyhow, yeah, you need something other than the Intel Chipset Family (insert model number here); that's more for basic primitive and two-dimensional drawing anyways. Who does that anymore?

Although, the more I think about it, the Oblivion engine is perhaps just above par with Source - It's the textures, with their layer and particle effects that can make a game use more memory and processing speed. It's the management of this that can prove an engine's efficiency, and I must admit that Source really trumps Oblivion in this matter. But let's keep it to this: Oblivion needs work. It's got potential, but its efficiency definitely needs improvement.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.58%

Aye, thanks; I do actually have an 8600 sitting above the very computer I was referring to: It's just not mine to install and use.

Also, Remember Oldblivion? Well, An OldFallout3 may soon be in the works. Lets hope for the best.

Also, personally, I'm never one to enjoy the graphics of the game. I absolutely prefer framerates over anything else 100% of the time. The instant I get in-game, whatever it is, I crank it all down to the lowest settings, and only rarely have even considered slowly climbing back up to a level of "modern graphical decency." :p As some would put it, anyway.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.58%

Been playing it a lot lately on my new computer. Got it working Wednesday night, and installed / played it the next night.

I've already accidentally stumbled across a certain garage out in the wasteland, which had a certain <spoiler><spoiler> ... ... so yeah, ... GG Bethesda. I polled a bunch of friends, and the majority of them found it the same way, bypassing much of the major plotline entirely.

Ridiculous.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    67.18%

My soldier started playing this right before he left for the states. I don't have a computer that will run it here, so I stole Fallout 1 and 2 from him to play until I get back home. I beat 1 already and I'm pretty near the end of the main story in 2. These games are fantastic. I can't wait until I get to play 3.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Thread Information