Actually, i changed my mind--i want to know if this is possible for you to do & if so, can you script this:

First of all, make it so that when he uses this item, he does the "casting" animation that he does for Nayru's Love. Additionally, sound effect #43 plays. (for whatever reason, when its a custom item, no sound plays by simply inputing 43 into the "sound" box in the item editor) I want it to appear as if he's summoning a copy of himself. The object that appears is a single-tile statue of himself that he can push. It will be a required item for my quest. It's basically used only in certain rooms, like when there's a push block puzzle.

Make it so that it can only appear on certain combos; perhaps either the first "Unused" combo type, or it can only appear on flag #98, General Purpose 1 (Scripts). Either way, the script checks to see that Link is standing 2 tiles away (or 1 tile away if using the 1-tile script) from an "unused" combo or flag 98 (preferablly the latter, the flag, actually). If so, then it will create the block. If not, nothing happens.

The reason i want this is so that I can limit the use of this item so that it can only be done on specific tiles, identical looking tiles actually. I want this to be a required item for block puzzles but i dont want it able to appear on some tiles, such as those with a layer on them, like dungeon borders. Additionally, if i can make it appear only on identical looking combos, i can make the block first appear as a "poof" by taking spawn tiles & overlapping them with the floor tile on which the block can appear.

And lastly, if you try to use it on a space with which you already have used it (so the space is already occupied by a CoS block / statue, then it won't let you do it. Right now, it appears as if it does nothing, but it actually creates a copy of the block / statue right over the existing one, thereby causing you to lose magic. (I have a script assigned to it but it also consumes magic) If you don't have enough magic, you can't use it (and that does happen apparently without a script) Except as is, you continue to lose magic when you use it on a space that you already used it on.