User Tag List

Thread: Grabbing pallette from any image file makes the selection and mouse cursor invisible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.12%

Grabbing pallette from any image file makes the selection and mouse cursor invisible

This is for fullscreen. It may either my video card, an allegro issue, or both.

Anyways, go to Quest > Graphics > Pallettes > then choose either Main, Levels, or Sprites. Lets go with Main.

Click grab and load the image file. When I see the image and the box on the right for available pallettes to choose from, while ZQ is in fullscreen, both the selection highlight and the mouse cursor flickers and goes invisible.
    Coming Soon - Pendants of the Underworld

Quest for ZC. Only released when ZC 2.5 final is available. ON HIATUS About 88% done. Updated in 5/18/08

Demo Available - For ZC 373
    Download
    You may need a tool to unzip files, go to www.7-zip.org.

I have college now, worsening the hiatus.

Visit my web pages! Click here.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.54%

Re: Grabbing pallette from any image file makes the selection and mouse cursor invisi

Do you mean the cusor changes color to match the background's new pallete. It's alway's happened to me since way back. It depends on what colors in the pallete were grabbed...actually I was never shure why. I just hit OK and move to the next. The cursor flicker was in another thread as an allegro issue I think...But anyway's yeah, After you load some types of palletes you can't see the cursor or buttons(file, cancel) but it's always done that for me.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.47%

Re: Grabbing pallette from any image file makes the selection and mouse cursor invisi

this would be close to the same issue as gleeoks (?) issue where the mose curser flickers for no reason if yes then its a allegro issue.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.12%

Bug still occurs in 528.

I want to know that this is a bug or something affecting specific hardware or an allegro issue. Please read post #1.

Developers, check it out. If it is a bug, work on it. If it is something affecting specific hardware or an allegro issue, then move this in "Bugs in Limbo."
    Coming Soon - Pendants of the Underworld

Quest for ZC. Only released when ZC 2.5 final is available. ON HIATUS About 88% done. Updated in 5/18/08

Demo Available - For ZC 373
    Download
    You may need a tool to unzip files, go to www.7-zip.org.

I have college now, worsening the hiatus.

Visit my web pages! Click here.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.87%

The problem is that ZQ itself is running in 8-bit color mode, but 256 colors are being extracted from the image; that leaves no colors for the ZQ GUI, which thus uses colors from the image instead of the standard colors.

I could change the palette grabber to show less colors, but to be honest I'd rather just leave it alone for now as this problem will disappear when the 8-bit limitation is removed in the ZQuest rewrite.

Thread Information