Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.09%

Question Sword Reflect

Is it possible to make it so if you slash a projectile (fireball magic etc.) it will go backwords in other (words the same thing what the mirror shield would do.)It would be very cool for a ganondorf battle (not just making screen by screen moving).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    48.55%

Re: Sword Reflect

An OoT Ganondorf battle can be scripted using freeform combos and scripts

Perhaps ShadowMancer could help you with that? I suck at scripting right now, I need documentation!
    Keeping something big a secret, in case it doesn't work out I can understand.
    But he deliberatly drops little hints just to drive us mad.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.99%

Okay, got your PM sps999 , I'm working on the script now. Just to let you know the enemy attack will actually be a FFC of the Damage Combo type, so it won't be able to be blocked by a sheild(but I don't think that is a concern of yours) Just need to know if you will have slash or not at the point you fight the boss (this will matter for collision purposes) I don't think there is a way to detect if Link has Slash via script right now but I will check, um can't think of anything else right now except like I said i've never played OoT (yes everyone can shoot me now :p ) but if the battle is similar to the wizard battle in LttP then I get the idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.09%

Ok, I will have slash by then but if it doesn't work with slash it won't matter.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.6%

except like I said i've never played OoT (yes everyone can shoot me now :p ) but if the battle is similar to the wizard battle in LttP then I get the idea.
    It is almost the same except he bounces it back to you and you go back and forth until he messes up. I am not very goud at scripting, but I believe you could use rand to make his mess ups somewhat random. And just so you know, if the finished script works, your reputation is going to go sky high.

And by the way
    (yes everyone can shoot me now :p )
    POW!

And shouldn't this thread be moved to the script request forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.67%

ganon or ganondwarf? they are 2 different battles in OoT.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.99%

I figured out a different way to do collision checking, so it does not matter if you have slash or not. The reflect may not be 100% acurate to the position of the sword as I am going to base it on the FFC's relitive position to Link (so in essence the FFC will 'bounce' off of Link when hit by a sword) I figured out the whole thing (in my mind) while at work today now to script it

except he bounces it back to you and you go back and forth until he messes up
    If I am reading this right, you are saying that the enemy also strikes at the reflected magic and reflects it again towards Link? That would be doable just make a random chance that mr evil guy misses his deflect shot now and then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.09%

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMancer View Post
    I figured out a different way to do collision checking, so it does not matter if you have slash or not. The reflect may not be 100% acurate to the position of the sword as I am going to base it on the FFC's relitive position to Link (so in essence the FFC will 'bounce' off of Link when hit by a sword) I figured out the whole thing (in my mind) while at work today now to script it
    Great sound good. Also is the spell that you slash back going to be all projectiles or just that one.

Thread Information