Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.38%

Re: Hasn't it been enough?!

Well, we could always have contests for this sort of thing.

"You have 72 hours to make a quest with 3 dungeons that uses the following items and the included tileset."

"Make a quest with 4 dungeons using only overworld-type dmaps."

"Make a quest with as many strange elements as you can think of (such as zoras appearing on land or not getting any weapons until you beat a dungeon)."

etc.

There's still life left in 2.10. Which is why I'm fixing bugs in it now.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.17%

Maybe the time has come for a whole new Zelda Classic, like Zelda LttP Classic, one that is more suited to higher quality tiles and is able to support an overall larger and more potent game, perhaps something along the lines of Zelda Classic meets RPG Maker, having essentially unlimited colors so you don't have palette issues, being able to add as many enemies and such as you want, scrolling screens.

Basically get this version of ZC completely stable, then instead of upgrading an outdated engine, begin a new one with much more power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    22.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    If the new features are too complex, *don't use them*. They are not mandatory. You can still make a quest the same way you did with older versions.
    I'll have to object to this saying. I compare it to the way the DS works. If a game doesn't use the DS's touch screen or use the top screen for whatever full reason, you'll see that there are people who will always complain about it.

Now, I always see that if a quest uses classic graphics, people are turned off. If a quest doesn't make use of <insert new awesome feature here>, people won't play it. The program has really evolved into something spectacular, I fully agree. Some features are too complex for the normal user to use, and their aspiring quests are snubbed because they don't make full use of all the resources.

Long story short, if you don't use the great features, your quest basically gets shit on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.65%

That's exactly what I said. People will use features they don't want because they know that everyone else is, and they feel they have to keep up.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.73%

I disagree with the statement that 1.90 was more stable than 1.92 beta 183/184. Version 1.90 had plenty of problems. And if we start talking about non-fatal bugs, like broken enemy movement patterns, 1.90 was just full of 'em.

2.11 Beta 14 and 15 are certainly problematic, but beta 11 is actually pretty darn stable for an "unstable release."

Also, I say the subscreen editor IS user-friendly. I don't even want to touch scripting and FFCs at this point, but I was able to pick up the subscreen editor and run with it. If you want to criticize how "crashy" it is, you would be correct, but don't list it among the non-user-friendly features, because I appreciate it greatly as a feature that can be learned as you go.

And as others have pointed out before, it is completely optional. If you find yourself unable to resist using new features, it's not the programmers fault if you take the time to learn them. It's only a problem if learning them in an unavoidable requirement for using the program.
    ...but then, I've been eating paste all morning, so what do I know?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.63%

Now, I always see that if a quest uses classic graphics, people are turned off. If a quest doesn't make use of <insert new awesome feature here>, people won't play it. The program has really evolved into something spectacular, I fully agree. Some features are too complex for the normal user to use, and their aspiring quests are snubbed because they don't make full use of all the resources.

Long story short, if you don't use the great features, your quest basically gets shit on.
    My my. If this is the prevailing attitude here, I can only hope that people like FlakyHedgehog and many others never happen upon these forums.

Otherwise, there's always romhacking.

Thread Information