Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.41%

Re: ZC Playing Tricks and Skills

I can't understand why no one has mentioned hitting a Darknut/Deathknight in the face with the Hookshot yet. I find the easiest way to beat them is to fire it past their shield at point-blank range, which both stuns them and knocks them back (Fire Boomerang throws them behind you). Also, I'm pretty sure you can stun them from the sides too, it's just that they have a good chance of clipping the shield and getting blocked.

By the way, I haven't tried that trick on the newer 2.11 betas, but it was a godsend against Deathknights in most 1.92/2.10 quests. I also don't remember the wand-sword working on Patra. Did that and/or the Hookshot change at some point?
    Crash Man is the coolest Robot Master ever! Well, aside from Skull Man, Elec Man, Quick Man, Gemini Man, Shadow Man... ahh, forget it!

Megaman: "Who cares if it's peacetime? You're an inventor, damnit - MAKE SOMETHING!"
    Dr Light: " 'Necessity is the mother of invention.' "
    Megaman: "Good, I'm hungry. Go invent me a sandwich."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.53%

Re: ZC Playing Tricks and Skills

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pikachu
    Thought I mention this cool trick, but personally I think it's a glitch.
    Boomerang Roll: If you use the keyboard and time the input of the b button and two directionals, you can make the boomerang go in the direction of the 2nd directional moved over one space in the first directional. To be specific, if I hit the right and up and time my b button correctly, I make the boomerang appear one space to the right but go straight up. I'll warn you, it takes a lot of practice to master it.
    You think it's a glitch... and yet you practically have to use it in your quest that you released (because this trick is so hard to pull off, I just gave up on that one level). No offense...
    To add to that, you can also send the boomerang a tile up and then go down and stuff like that. It's crazy what you can do with a boomerang...

Ok, now that the Roc's Feather has been implemented...

Roc's Feather:
    Jump over an enemy, and turn and attack them before you land on the other side. The reason I say before you land is because of when you're fighting darknuts. The thing is, there is a small windom of time where when striking with the sword right before you land will do damage. This is pretty much the only window of opportunity when fighting darknuts because the second you do land, they're gonna turn around.

Also... is this thread ever going to be pinned? Or will it just be left here to rot in the dust (Things rot in the dust? lol), now that just about every trick known to people in ZC has been said? There's a lot of useful stuff in this thread too...
    (By the way, I'm not asking for this to be pinned just because I posted it, so don't interpret it that way.)
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

Thread Information