Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
I was in the same boat, before I discovered the little circles under the layer checkboxes in that bottom panel. Click the circle corresponding to the layer, and you'll be drawing on that layer instead of layer 0, on the same screen. Damn awesome. :p
I agree, but I prefer the ability to isolate the entire contents of one layer in the view.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
This boss is an example of "Old-school" custom bossing.
NeoFirst doesn't really need an example of this, does it? I mean, screen-cycling custom bosses already exist in the two highest rated quests at PureZC.

...Then again, I suppose there aren't any publicly viewable examples of this sort of thing, are there?

(In truth, I disliked screen-cycling bosses as soon as I learned of their existence. They seem to me to be analogous to - please forgive me - putting claymation characters in a CG animation feature. Sure, their animation technique was and is technically impressive, but the point is that the rest of Zelda Classic's enemies and creatures are smoothly animated, capable of not-so-basic motion, have much more interaction with Link and Link's items, and emit appropriate sound effects.
Screen-cycling bosses, in short, are sufficiently limited such that they cannot disguise the fact that they are built outside of the ZC engine - that they are built in spite of the ZC engine.

Of course, they've potentially gotten a bit easier since 2.10: now we have freeform combos, and the projectile shooter enemies, and some other things that I trust the person who'll be making this monstrousity will be making the fullest use of. Which is sort of a consolation.)

EDIT: When I said "check the Music/Tiles topic" it was an implied question as to when you'll evaluate the worth of the two bitmaps and one MIDI that I added since your last post there.