Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    90.68%

Re: Caffein

High Fructose Corn Syrup is a much bigger problem.

I've stopped using caffeine except before workouts. As a result, I don't need the hell out of it in the morning, and the effect is much more appreciated when I do use it.

Also, Spike kicks ass.
    ...we'd appreciate it if one or both legs were removable so that we could spin you around like a basketball perched on the end of Koby Bryant's middle finger. - T.C. Luoma

My john thomas is gonna pop off and fly around the room there's so much tasty in here! - Jayne

Freedom of Speach? US vs China

Dattebayo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.8%

I believe caffien does more than just make you jittery. It messes with your kidneys, and it very possibly could be the cause of cysts and things. I can't really explain it, but I have very good reason to believe that it really messes with your body. The reason I made this thread is that over the last few months, I've been throwing up randomly and can't figure out why. I've stopped drinking and eating caffien, and now I'm testing milk and sugar. I very well could be lactose intolerant, all of the sudden, and my grandfather is too, and he's drank Coke all his life. I started when I was about 12. Also, I've had cysts and things like that, and a lot of people get them nowadays, same with kidney stones, etc. Caffien is rumored to cause these, and I kinda believe it.

Monica
    ~~~
    [12:41] heroknight21: Yeah, I've got Netzero.
    [12:41] MetallixGirl84: Eww lol
    [12:41] heroknight21: Yeah. Makes the internet look like vomit for only $5 more a month!

~~~
    AIM: MetallixGirl84 MSN: [email protected] Yahoo: MetallixGirl84
    Xanga Myspace

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.79%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by Monica
    I believe caffien does more than just make you jittery. It messes with your kidneys, and it very possibly could be the cause of cysts and things. I can't really explain it, but I have very good reason to believe that it really messes with your body. The reason I made this thread is that over the last few months, I've been throwing up randomly and can't figure out why. I've stopped drinking and eating caffien, and now I'm testing milk and sugar. I very well could be lactose intolerant, all of the sudden, and my grandfather is too, and he's drank Coke all his life. I started when I was about 12. Also, I've had cysts and things like that, and a lot of people get them nowadays, same with kidney stones, etc. Caffien is rumored to cause these, and I kinda believe it.
    Caffeine is a diuretic, and thus depletes the body of water. Water is what the kidneys use to remove waste. When the body lacks water for urine production, the result is that mineral deposits in the kidneys buildup and can lead to kidney stones.

Caffeine is safely used, then, if consumed to in moderation and with plenty of water. This excludes, however, individuals who may have health issues that caffeine would aggravate. It sounds to me like you could very well have such issues that would make caffeine more detrimental.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.8%

Quote Originally Posted by Daarkseid
    Caffeine is a diuretic, and thus depletes the body of water. Water is what the kidneys use to remove waste. When the body lacks water for urine production, the result is that mineral deposits in the kidneys buildup and can lead to kidney stones.

Caffeine is safely used, then, if consumed to in moderation and with plenty of water. This excludes, however, individuals who may have health issues that caffeine would aggravate. It sounds to me like you could very well have such issues that would make caffeine more detrimental.
    Yep, you're probably right... BTW, I'm not proposing to ban caffien, I just wanted a simple discussion on it is all. I am kind of wondering, Glitch, why it was wrong of me to start it, when it's rather concerning to me at the moment?

Monica
    ~~~
    [12:41] heroknight21: Yeah, I've got Netzero.
    [12:41] MetallixGirl84: Eww lol
    [12:41] heroknight21: Yeah. Makes the internet look like vomit for only $5 more a month!

~~~
    AIM: MetallixGirl84 MSN: [email protected] Yahoo: MetallixGirl84
    Xanga Myspace

Thread Information