0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Re: Biggest Gaming Letdown?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    My biggest letdown is the entire action genre these days. I just can't stand the 3-d action adventure games. I miss the SNES and Genesis days of that. Thats why I love my GBA so damn much.
    Play Viewtiful Joe. It's a side scrolling beat'm up with cel-shaded visuals that just oozes style. You gain powers that let you slow down, speed up, or zoom in to beat up baddies and pull of some cool moves. Did I mention it's really hard too?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    67.29%

Quote Originally Posted by vegeta1215
    Play Viewtiful Joe. It's a side scrolling beat'm up with cel-shaded visuals that just oozes style. You gain powers that let you slow down, speed up, or zoom in to beat up baddies and pull of some cool moves. Did I mention it's really hard too?
    I've been told to play this countless times, but I always seem to forget or I'm not interested when I go out to get a new game. I really should try it, but I kind of can't right now due to lack of video game buying resources. Which leads me to my recent disappointment:

We have a PX (Post Exchange), its a store that only appears on military instalations. Thankfully, we have one here on our post in Iraq so I can get movies and games. Unfortunately, the game selection is VERY limited. I picked up Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana after reading in some reviews that it was a good 2D RPG. Well, I thought it sucked. And so I wasted 50 bucks on a game that I'll probably never play.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    I picked up Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana after reading in some reviews that it was a good 2D RPG. Well, I thought it sucked. And so I wasted 50 bucks on a game that I'll probably never play.
    Funny you should mention that game. I watched Electric Playground the other day on G4 (EP is the only good show on G4 btw), and they reviewed Atelier Iris against some new Arc the Lad game. Both got really really bad ratings, but Atelier Iris was voted the better of the two.

I rented Viewtiful Joe when it first came out and liked it, but not enough to pay $40-$50 for it. It is a short game after all. But, I picked it up off eBay for $10 last week, and it can be found brand new in most stores for $20.

Thread Information