Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.15%

Re: Would you want another one?

It would be a long story to establish relationships with all the Signs.

First, there are Four Elements:

Fire: Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.

Earth: Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn.

Air: Gemini, Libra and Aquarius.

Water: Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces.

Secondly, there are Three Status for each Element. The first is Cardinal Signs (in french) and is in relationship with Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn. The second is Fixed Signs and goes with Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius. The third is frequently called Double Signs and is related to Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces.

In fact the Twelve are Four Elements by Three Levels.

Also, you have the so called Masculine Signs, which are the Fire and Air Signs; while the so called Feminine Signs are the Earth and Water Signs. So the Twelve are Six Signs for each Two Genders.

It would be hard though to attribute a specific color for each Sign. It would be a nice goal from you if you wanted your Quest to teach some basics of Astrology. But it would be also very time consuming before you get to the point.

Since I play Zelda Quests for fun, please release your Quest as soon as possible. I have been waiting for that one since you annouced it around Christmas time.

TIA
    Odanaki

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.73%

Thank you, the dungeon designs and their attributed names won't be perfectly exact. My goal was never this. However, this does help tremendously. However, For specific dungeons like Gemini, I'd have two parts, almost mirroring each other and puzzles reflecting this mirror relationship. Likewise, (not sure which sign but....) one dungeon will have doors that will open/close depending on switches you press which simulate the changing mind of someone of that particular sign. etc. Little things like that to give each dungeon a small personality and uniqueness. As for releasing this quest as soon as possible........wait a month or so. I'm not all on Zquest 24/7 like I use to be. And it seems I've lost my touch to create 3 day wonders. *sigh*

EDIT:
    More Quest info can be found here:
    http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.p...=ST&f=7&t=6335
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.29%

Nah, you didn't. I've heard you talk about the Wind Waker quest idea a while back, I thought you already did it. I haven't played any quest for a long time now and yours would be a good place to start again, DFW. I'm a Gemini, so I get it for the dual dungeon. Libra has two arms too... Come think of it, JayeM's Planet quest played on the signs to find the dungeons locations.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.41%

I think this is the kind of quest I like too. :)

What does everyone think are the key elements of these quests that make them great? Dark Entity, why is Hidden Duality the greatest quest made??

This is the type of quest I am trying to create as well.

Here are my thoughts on the key points, I want to know if people agree with them (trying to get feedback so that I can make a quest people will like):

1) Focus is on the progression through the levels, gaining in power as you go, while the enemies increase in difficulty, so as to always be challenging but not ultra-hard/frustrating.

2) It shouldnt be completely linear, instead you should be able to wander reasonably large areas hunting for things, but not so wide of areas that you get lost/stuck or frustrated. I think of one where you always know the next place to go as too streamlined, but something as wide open as the original zelda quests as too open, somewhere in the middle where you explore an area about the size of 1/4 or 1/3 the size of the original overworld map, in which there are a couple levels, and several critical items and some other secrets, before proceeding on to another (clearly deliniated) area, which you cant enter until you finish the tasks of the previous area, to provide some structure / progression.

3) Secrets, level entrances, etc should be reasonably well hidden, but any critical thing (necessary item, level entrance), should have a hint somewhere about how to find it, so that people cant get completely lost. The more riddle-like the hint is the better, it shouldnt be immediately obvious, but anyone who has explored the area to a reasonable extent should be able to figure it out.

Also, I like to in some way tell the player what secret items are hidden in an area, so they know when they have finished exploring it and found everything.

I think that summarizes well what I like: room to explore but some direction as to where to go, well hidden things with hints to find them, and a way to know what things are hidden so I know when I have them all in an area and can go on.

Does that sound good to everyone? Suggestions?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.73%

Well, here is the official level line-up:

Taurus - Level 1
    Libra - Level 2
    Scorpio - Level 3
    Cancer - Level 4
    Pisces - Level 5
    Capricorn - Level 6
    Gemini - Level 7
    Leo - Level 8
    Virgo - Level 9

Hammer Dungeon - Aquarius
    Mirror Shield Dungeon - Sagittarius
    Red Mail Dungeon - Aries
    And Master Dome is Master Dome.
    So 13 dungeons total in this quest. :)
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Thread Information