Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.14%

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Darklink

Good gosh, I remember downloading the demo for this quest years ago. Are you sure it's only 2 years in the making? It seems like it was longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.2%

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Darklink

I'm not really sure acctually....it was one of the first quests to be created....I made this before ZC was even released to the public because someone gave me a bootleg Beta. So it is possible it was prolly longer.

And Big Joe I had to use that Icon, it looks so cool and since I'm bring my quest back form the dead it suits it I think.

As for it being classic, I have modified it alot so theres only a few elements that are the original classic tiles, I haven't gotten around to changing all the pallettes so the colours are still classic colours. I still plan on only using 3 colours though. I want to stay true to the way the quest originally was, it was if not the first the one of the first to use a large amount of custom tiles while still looking like the original Zelda, which is what I wanted, I wanted it to resemble the original Zelda. I imagine it will look a hell of alot better once I change the pallettes. Eventually I plan on releasing a version in completely custom graphics which look nothing like the classic set and be entirely unique.

I have done tons of planning for this quest, almost as much as if I was making a complete game from scratch I have drawings of characters, all the maps drawn out on grid paper. I want to make this quest as fun as possible with great replay value. I want it too feel like a real Zelda game. I originally started off on this quest just fooling around learning the tools. But now I have to try my hardest to turn this quest around and make it worthy of the Zelda name.

Once I get the story out of my mind and onto paper I'll post it here.
    Through fire justice is served!

Thread Information