Goldleaf: Such spells as the one I just cast always leave me feeling hungry. I question the gnomish woman as to the price of her apple slices. "For you, sir mage, a copper for two slices." This seems a reasonable price and I buy six slices. As I eat, I feel some rejuvenation. Darkspace magic is always so draining on a wizard...perhaps that is why there a few practitioners of it. I notice the expression on Sancireph's face...something is not right. Did his eyes glow like that before? There is more to him than he lets on...he is no mere half-elf. (OOC, Goldleaf knows nothing of assimar)

Sancireph: I focus in on the nearer of the two celestial presences, the one from the nearby inn. There is something odd about this one, as though it were not a single being but rather more than one entity creating the presence. I also sense something infernal in this presence, and shift my focus away, as the infernal energy causes me pain. The two celestial presences are awakening my assimar side.--my eyes are starting to emit a golden glow. I focus instead on the presence on the docks, trying to discover if this celestial might have something to do with the pearl.