With the release date for the 3DS version in October and the Wii U version around this Holiday season, what are your thoughts on the revealed newcomers, stages, modes, and what version(s) do you plan on getting?

If you don't know the current roster, the official site can get ya up to speed with all the currently revealed characters (by official means) and if you don't care abut spoilers, here's a video about the most recent leak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spTFvJ6_H5o

Personally, I'm all kinds of excited for this game. Little Mac being promoted to newcomer from Brawl was one of the things on my wishlist for this game, as well as playable Mega Man (thank you Capcom for not being a bag of fodder about his inclusion) and with transformations being done away with, Zero Suit Samus and Sheik are now separate characters (because why not?). Pac-Man was a bit of a surprise (rumors of him being in since Bandai's involvement have been around since the beginning) and the playable Miis had a nice reveal trailer (despite being something that I wasn't expecting very much).

Personally, I intend to get both versions of the game (half because I can, the other half because of the still unnkown connection they are supposed to have, unless that is where the Amiibos comes in, which btw, I'm getting the Samus and Ness ones Day 1 if possible)

As for rumored DLC (cut characters, stages, etc) I'll be on the fence until that is either proven true or debunked. Though its true and the DLC is cheap/free, I'd probably get it (and let's face it, Nintendo has done pretty well on DLC in the past year so far. ie: Fire Emblem Awakening's DLC)

Aaaannnnndddd...Discus.