My family has always been a heaping pile of awkward social recluses, opting to maximize the cost-saving vs entertainment-reaping abilities wherever possible. We don't have cable because we never watch anything interesting, and we don't have spectacular phone plans because we never call anyone and nobody ever calls us. ... ... nerds.

So we've never really seen any of the mainstream shows. I only recently begun watching three shows that it turns out I really, really enjoy: Doctor Who, True Blood, and Dexter. I finished every episode of the Doctor Who series that begun in 2005, watched the first four seasons of True Blood, and just finished the first two seasons of Dexter. I think I started watching Dexter from the beginning two days ago, in fact.

Definitely enjoying myself here. I love how Dexter reminds me a lot of Death Note for some reason, how True Blood always seems so dire and yet has an ability to poke fun at things here and there and keep things just light enough from tipping over into something truly dark, and how Doctor Who seems to have the opposite effect - how the Doctor remains upbeat almost constantly, no matter how truly dismal their situation truly is. I mean, he's just a general badass sometimes.