For those of you who took the time to see what I was doing with ZC this last couple years, you'll have already known that the sideview and overhead scrolling capabilities are up and running just fine with the right system running them, and also that there were some other things like the "Zelda" character that increased Link's speed so that he could run around really fast like the skateboarding Link. Next year I am planning to publish (for those of you who haven't done so yourselves already) Pegasus Boots for non scrolling and the scrolling, which will be just a slight mod of what the running script already does (which is in fact actually going to make the boots LESS capable than they are the way I wrote them the first time) and finish up the overhead scrolling portion of the coding with hookshot capability.

So that's pretty much, besides probably making some more maps and possibly making an attempt at getting my own quest file up to about 25% done throughout the year, with original graphics and new bosses, etc., it.

Zelda 2 Classic though.. With some adjustments to the scripts that were included in Zim.qst, the rest of Zelda 2 Classic is already done too:
It has experience points systems, the attack modification (not just new swords with different damage levels), sidescrolling, etc., and will require minor alterations to become a Zelda 2 Clone.

Simple things like an overhead map (the world map) will be done by making Link move 1 pixel at a time while on the overhead view instead of 2, and keeping it 2 pixels at a time for sideview.

The only things that I didn't get done with is the UpStab, DownStab, HighJump, etc... The magic spells and skills stuff.. All the enemies and bosses, and whatever any and all alternate behaviors Zelda 2 has to offer. I was more interested in making some original content.
[Obviously Link couldn't Wall Kick in the Adventures of Link]

The other basic things are done, like the way that Link can move in the places in general, [not special moves], doorway/cave warping to location in/out, [which isn't the same as regular ZC warping since it's based on a bigger coordinate system, and not so much screen by screen, but overall location.]

Happy Holidays!

First real update on this probably won't be until February 2014, as I'm going to take my time and do this right before it's published, and at least end up with something similar to a BS Zelda 2 demo that at least plays like Zelda 2 if not be exactly like it before I publish.