User Tag List

Thread: is there a way to ignore a whole section?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    State Of Love And Trust, United State Of Amorica.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.35%

is there a way to ignore a whole section?

when viewing a message board, I like to use the recent posts or new content buttons. when I am doing that here, I am continually seeing poisonous/gluttonous discussion on "food" that I find outrageous, offensive, criminal, morally reprehensible and just plain gross. rather than spending all of my online time figuratively fighting the tide and pissing off the waves -- I'd rather do that action literally, and preferably at Kehena in Hawai'i, were that state inhabitable -- of murder and abuse, I take breaks from such battles and relax on sites about customizing classic video games. is there a way to not see any content contained in the nonedibles and repulsive stuff subsection? I understand that this is a place where nearly anything goes and I like that, but I think y'all would learn to hate me if I spent any portion of my time here challenging interspecies cruelty and self destruction while promoting purer dietary habits. in avoiding such likely conflict, making this an opt-in group would be preferable for me. the other options that I imagine for outcomes are constructed substantially of this guy avoiding this place. a collapsible menu view would necessitate cumbersome navigation of the main menu, likely leading me to opt out of the larger community and keep the quest project section as my open tab. even though I'd know I was doing good acts, I'd likely get banned if I decided to participate every time I felt the desire to say, "hey, you're doing it wrong; try...." ideally, y'all would be wiling to have this group as an opt-in option or apply some hacking or plug-in that made opting out of whole sections easy. if I can already do that, please advise me as to how that would be accomplished, as I figure my life coaching advice should be an opt-in option, too. (holler if you want in.) thanks for reading this. greater thanks goes to anybody willing to assist with any solutions.

P. S. I also find related topics of smileys, lazy thought and haphazard typing to be offensive, but I can only imagine reasonably likely ways to hide one of those from my viewing of this board. ideas on accomplishing grander eradication of emoticons can be sent to @diesmiley on the twatting network. I guess ideas on hiding those obnoxious smileys from view here can go in this thread, too, but my larger concerns are related to the announcements of jizz slurping and carcass munching.
    Last edited by trudatman; 10-04-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Thread Information