Well then, screw it, I would be more than willing to start on a rewrite, but only if people would absolutely be satisfied with a new version of ZC that's missing 90% of its intended functionality but without random crashes and quest corruption bugs. I'd have to convince myself to do things that way.
I'd be satisfied. But here is my 2 cents about it:

We really just want a release, that is stable as possible. There has been a lot of things added since 2.5. Some of course, still hasn't been added yet. So why don't we do what you are saying, make a new version of ZC with some of its intended functionality not working, but do get rid of the crashes and big bugs. Release that, and then finish the 10% functionality for another release. Because we all know that 100% intended functionality isn't coming for a long time. So why not split them up into 2 releases? It is just it has been 6, 7 years between a release. I don't think people would be mad about 2 releases as 1.92 183, 184, and 2.10 were pretty close to each other.

I just want there to be a good release so we can start uploading games like on PureZC, get some fresh games on there. I will help test it out to make sure the bugs are minimal if that is what we are aiming for. It is just, at this point, when I know things are still going to get added, it is hard to bug test for a stable release when additions are changing things. that's just me though.