Nationwide, the unemployment rate for veterans between 20 and 24 years old was 16 percent last year -- compared with a 9 percent unemployment rate for non-vets in that same age range. Overall, the nation's unemployment rate last year was 5.1 percent.
http://www.veteransforcommonsense.or...rticle/ID/6981

The page layout sucks, the rest of the story is at the bottom.

I'm still jobless and my pay is up this month.

*edit* Checked the time stamp on the article and its quite old, but it still seems true. I've not heard back from anyone in the past month. If I have, its from like, three obscure places that I barely remember applying to and all of them rejections. Best bet so far is a seasonal gig at Home Depot. I'm going to be unable to pay bills soon. I have no idea what the fuck I'm supposed to do. Tera's still in school, and she doesn't have time for a full time job. Maybe I made a huge fucking mistake. So now what? I'm not even getting call backs from retail or anything like that. I can't support us on freaking minimum wage bullshit from Taco Bell or anything like that. I've talked to my dad about moving back in with him if I don't find anything soon enough...

I still haven't checked umemployment or whether I even qualify for that yet. I'm skeptical seeing as I'm drawing a reserve paycheck...but we'll see come Monday.