I always have technical difficulties in terms of game editing... I thought maybe I'de get lucky with ZQuest... But... :angry:

The following quote is the exact file that I downloaded:

Zelda Classic v2.10 - Windows Version 5.3mb
Version 2.10 marks the first ZC release in a very long time. Released on New Years Day, 2005, ZC 2.10 brings many of the features that Zelda Classic Fans have been hoping for, into reality.
There is a windows version, as well as a DOS version. Mac and Linux versions are in the works but are not publicly available yet.
Programmers: Dark Nation, fatcatfan
Now, the following is all the files that came with the download:

- - - - -

1st.qst - QST File
2nd.qst - QST File
3rd.qst. - QST File
182test.qst - QST File
ag - Microsoft Office Configuration File
alleg41.dll - Application Extension
allegro - Microsoft Office Configuration File
allegro - Text Document
grabber-w -Application
new enemy tiles - Adobe Acrobat Document
release_notes - Rich Text Format
sfx.dat - DAT File
zcmusic.dll -Application Extension
zelda.dat - DAT File
zelda.sav - SAV File
zelda-w - Application
zgp.dat - DAT File
zquest - Text Document
zquest-w - Application

- - - - -

Now... Here are my problems:

First of all, I'de like to load the game just to see if it works. But it's not my quest I made. It's the original quest the download is supposed to come with. When I try that, it says:

Error loading 1st.qst: Internal Error Occured
I have all my files where they should be, right in a folder on my desktop. Why is it saying that? I also didn't edit that file in any way. Right after I downloaded the thing, I wanted to start the application. The "Armageddon Games", logo popped up with the burning flames, and then I entered in a name, and started the game. That's when I got the error. I saw another help tutorial involving something to do with the, "Browse", option, to just load the game manually, but I wasn't given that option during my problem.

And another problem: When I'm in the edit (zquest-w) mode, it doesn't let me alter the colors for the tiles/objects/things... I heard you had to press the number pad to change the colors, but they said that if you're on a lap top then you'll have to press the "Fn" button. I tried both, but nothing works, so I'm stuck with the first set of tiles, being that of green.

What's the deal?

Sorry if these sort of questions were asked and answered, but I can't find anything here relating it. I get lost within the tutorials that lead me to things I don't want or need to know yet.

I hope to get a response of help. I'll reply back with info later today.