So I'm playing Oblivion again. I played Morrowind a couple months ago, and didn't finish the main storyline, or even reached my goal of finishing House Telvanni for once. I bought a laptop that I didn't think would support Oblivion for my trip over here. I tried, just in case, before I left, and I couldn't get past the character creation menu. It ran so piss ass slow that I couldn't get anything done. Even under Ultra Low Quality settings. I installed XP a couple weeks ago and decided, what the hell, lets try again, and what do you know? Works great. Looks a little crappy, but its running under low quality and I wasn't even expecting that.

I'm really having fun playing this again, ESPECIALLY with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. It makes the game so much more challenging in a very good way. It also makes you feel much more excited when you find better armor. In Oblivion, without the mod, by the time you're level 15 or so, you start seeing bandits with glass armor on. This makes no sense to me whatsoever. Glass armor is supposed to be rare and powerful. With OOO, this doesn't happen, though the bandits wear leather and fur armor, they're still a bit of a challenge, even at level 15, which is where I'm at right now. Granted, I'm a light armor and stealthy hotty wood elf chick, so fighting up close really isnt' my thing, but I did something similar the last time I plyed through without it, and the glass armor wearing badits were blade and arrow fodder to me.

Yeah, Oblivion is 100 times better with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. If you played it once without it, its worth going back and playing it again with it.