I had a big discussion with BigJoe about this today. I actually prefer when these things either don't do much to the original game or radically change it. Minor change for the sake of trying to hide that you're selling me the same game twice doesn't cut it.

For example, if it were a straight port, I'd say good enough. Adding a dungeon makes me worry because that tends to mean new equipment; as if the New Game+ didn't make the game broken enough

I do support more extensive (and less censored) translations, which is why I liked the GBA FFIV port. I didn't like it's whole "play as people that are presumed dead" change, but I was glad to see a more authentic translation.

What I'd really like to see is better fleshing out of the stories; a lot of the CT universe just seemed really shallow (like Ayla's time period) compared to the amount of detail that was put into others (like 600 A.D. and 1000 A.D.) The future time period was little more than a bridge between other periods; I think there was some missed potential there. Also, that Frog vs. Magus confrontation ending was mean; I'd like to see that resolved.

So I am not as excited as I could be, but I know I'm going to end up getting this. I actually wrapped up a playthrough about 2 months ago, so by the time this comes out I ought to be craving it again :)