I'm kidding. I've made 3 entirely functional and complete quests already that I don't want to release because I'm not the type of person that thinks that my first (or second and third) shot is likely to be a winner.

I've been toying around with the editor for years, and my most recent quest may be something I'd want people to see. It's very nearly finished, and will probably be done about 1 week after I find an editor that works.

I call it:

Wizzrobe's Big Day Out

The highest peak of Hyrule:

Red sky? Hyrule is in a pinch!

It uses a lot of the original art (although heavily modified in many cases) and a good deal of my own art, all kept looking 8-bit. Everything in it could be on an 8-bit cartridge as long as you assume that the game is capable of layering sprites for getting like 5-6 colors like in some later NES games.

Snowy place.

Guess whether or not that tree is a secret and win a secret.

Did I use a palette shift? Why yes, I did!

Obviously, you're playing as the titular character, a Wizzrobe. Ganon is building a fortress in the sky with which to wield and amplify his mighty magical powers and Link is nowhere to be found. The Player is an inexplicably uppity and pugnacious Wizzrobe who doesn't much care for Ganon. Most of the Wizzrobes of the world are still allied with Ganon. They look like normal Wizzrobes, you don't. Some of them look like Zelda 2 Wizzrobes. You know, the KKK guys. You do, however, have a couple quirky and mysterious Wizzrobe buddies on your side. And by quirky I mean annoying and by mysterious I mean Mexican.

I get the feeling there's something he's not telling me.

Wizzrobe's Big Day Out is fairly non-linear, although it's usually pretty obvious when you're in the wrong dungeon.

Occasionally some very ridiculous things happen. This picture is a huge spoiler if you like surprises.

OMG do those pillars have lighting effects?! Not really.

This quest is HARD. I've played Zelda games a LOT and have set it to be at a challenging difficulty for myself, which I have to keep increasing to keep it from being boring as I play test it. The most difficult parts (the ones I die on more often than not) are all optional.

Entrance to the very difficult and optional Temple of Trials type thing:

It's more like the original quest than newer games in that most secrets don't really have any hints about where to find them, and you can rarely be sure you've found everything even when you find a secret area. There is a Lens of Truth, but it's not wildly easy to locate itself.

Here's the general back story if you're in to spoilers:

After Ganon's previous defeat all of Hyrule hosted a huge party for Link. Link got terribly wasted and passed out in the evening and that latino Wizzrobe stole all of Link's belongings and left him on a boat to Tijuana. Ganon either didn't die or got revived somehow and decided that with Link in an unknown foreign country he'd go and build a flying castle. That's when you, a lowly Wizzrobe, steps up to the plate to take a swing at Ganon the second time around. Ganon's first act after his hovering palace of doom is finished is to blow up the ocean, so that Link can't get back to Hyrule and stop him.

Anyway. Like I said, I've already made everything from start to finish, I just need a stable platform to bug test it on.