Quote Originally Posted by Toolie View Post
Vegeta, how is the beach life? Where did you go to college and what are you doing for them now? And tell me, why should I use Opera over Firefox? (I'm interested).

I'm finishing my last year at Penn State and really not sure what I'm doing next. I've just started getting pretty busy researching and teaching test prep, but this summer was fantastic.

Oh, you all probably know, but StarCraft II ? Oh my. How do you think it will compare to Supreme Commander?
I wish I could say I've actually been on the beach a lot this summer, but I haven't. Working full time (5 days a week) puts a damper in that, but it's okay. I went to Salisbury University, which is about a 30 minute drive from Ocean City MD. I'm working in the financial aid office doing computer stuff. It's not bad, but I work with really great people, so I am happy about that.

Hmmm... why Firefox over Opera? I was going to link you a good site that showcases all the neat things in Opera, but I think it's no longer up. For me though, speed was what attracted me to Opera, and it's continuing speed and unique features are what keep me using it. I have an old computer (Pentium 3), and Firefox is just too slow on it, and has only gotten slower over time. Opera continues to stay fast, and gets better each release. Most of all, there's all these small features I am so used to that I could not live without. You can add some of them with Firefox extensions, but it's too much hassle. All I can say is to try Opera and play around with all the options and features. It's a little overwhelming at first because you have so many options (not to mention total control over the GUI), but I like having control and being able to customize my browser since I use my computer mostly for surfing the web.

I haven't read or seen much about Starcraft II, but if I had a modern computer (and ran Windows), I'd definitely check it out. Come to think of it, I never finished the original Starcraft - I finished the Terran campaign, got to the last level of the Zerg campaign, and got halfway through the Protoss campaign. And I haven't touched Brood War, despite owning it.