Yeah, I'm finally bored enough to start it. Don't look at me like that, you were warned.

The nightmare again. The image of him, lying in a pool of his own blood, the madman standing over him grinning, the fire raging in the background. And then the laugh. The horrible, blood-curdling laugh that shook him to his bones and would always, without fail, wake him up.

Kris had been having the nightmares for almost two months now, and he still had no idea who the madman was, nor what was burning behind him. He swung his legs over and stood up, realizing it was gone dawn. A new day had arrived, and with it more work to be done.

The land of Armageddon had long since failed to live up to its name, and the towns that flourished the kingdom had rarely seen anything but peace. Stepping out of his timber home into the sunlight, Kris Marx reflected that he was indeed fortunate to live in a land where men and women could work an honest life, safe in the knowledge that there was no evil to be found. His own village, the town of Gedea, was remote, but it was quiet and those who lived there gladly worked together for the common goal.

Fully clothed for his role of hunting, Kris waved a greeting to several other villagers and set off for the forest that surrounded the village. Stepping out of the shadow of Mount Nimeon he walked in the full sunlight into the woods, his bow and arrow at the ready.

He had barely brushed past the first trees when he heard a scream coming from deep within the forest. All thoughts of hunting gone, he rushed towards the source of the sound. If someone was in danger, then he would do his best to help them...

If you want to join in, go right ahead. Create a humanoid character (no halflings or blood elves for your main characters please, they just complicate things) and start writing about their epic tales in the land of Armageddon.
Just a few pointers if I may - try and make sure your grammar is pretty good, don't screw around or kill other peoples characters for the hell of it, try to stay in the spirit of things, don't ask why this isn't in Forum Games and above all, just enjoy yourselves.