Here's an unpassworded quest file for you to check out. I'm calling it "The Legacy Story of the Guardian Metroid Blaster," (LSGMB) for comedy value. Kudos to those who can identify each word in the title. It's a side-scrolling dungeon exploring game. Press L to jump.

Screenies ahoy:

All of the tiles that are not from LoZ1 are completely made-from-scratch. There isn't a whole lot you can do in this demonstration; you can retrieve the force hammer (sword), bombs, and high-jump boots. You can explore the areas shown in the screenshots.

I'm posting this here for a couple of reasons. First, people should be pleased that a 2-D game like this is now possible. Second, as you'll notice when you play, the jumping physics need a little work. I'm hoping someone can improve on my script. I'm also hoping someone can figure out why the _L_'s gravity screen flag, combined with my jumping script, occasionally makes the game go haywire when moving between screens. Oh, and it is here instead of in Quest A&D because it's really only here to provide ideas and examples for quest design.

Here's the quest file. Use Beta.15 to open it.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/15e3d1/