Behold, NeoFirst's warping system. I wanted to make a topic about it for a while. Now that I actually have at least one warp point, I think we can actually start using it. Now, there will be exactly four of these in total in the world: One for your town, and one for each dungeon. There will be a warp point somewhere near your house, somewhere outside the forest dungeon, somewhere near the entrance to the Lava/Ice Caverns, and somewhere near the Temple of Light.

I have the one in the screenshot set up so that when you step on (Or relatively near, as a it's a sensitive Permanent Trigger type combo.) it'll become a Stair[A] combo under layer 1. Layer 1 will remain grass or whatever it is under there, and layer 2 (The Center of the Warp Circle.) will begin to flash, indicating that you've activated it. I want your opinions to see if I should make one of those light beams coming up from it activate as well.

Now, here's the thing. This one is so tightly packed and reduced, (It used to be 7x7. Possibly larger. MUCH larger.) Now it's 5x5. More doable, that's for sure. -IF- I made it larger, (I have a few copies I ripped in just now that are larger.) I'm wondering how to fit it into the world. See, here's the thing. I can't put this thing onto layer 0, since it'll look black against the ground. (A'la newcomerish layering problems where they just stack the treetops onto the ground, thus making it look black.) So that won't work. I also want grass under it, (Leaves and waving grass and flowers and other doodads and such.) so those will go on layer 1 for the most part. Layer 2 will consist of the warp circle.

Thus, here lies the problem. If it's a BIGGER warp circle, it'll have a hell of a time being laid out on the floor. There just won't be enough space for it, and I don't want it to go off of cliffs or shores or lay on trees and such. I want it to be part of the floor. It just can't climb things or swim, you know? So trees and such would have to be layered on top of the outer parts of the circle. However, since the warp circle is on layer 2, there are only two things we can do here:

• Forego some of the grass, and splay MOST of the warp circle on layer 1 on top of the grass, and put the grass on layer 0. The trees will then have space on layer 2 with the Warp Circle on layer 1.
  • We can use Freeform combos to put the warp circle on. They'd just stay there. They're between layers 1 and 2, so... that'd solve that. There are only 32 of them though. :p May be enough, but still damn tedius. @ @.'

Okay. Now that the setup is done, here's how I plan for the actual warping to work.

It'll work primarily using the Room State Carryover feature. You trigger a warp, and it triggers all layers for that screen to show the warp circle effects being activated, and it also activates the warp in the warp hub.

So when you step on the warp circle's center, you'll be warped to the Warp Hub. The first thign you see is a black screen. It's rapidly warping you via the sensitive warps spawning under you to the latest area you triggered. It works like this: (And PLEASE DO tell me if you can think of a better way.)

You warp to a blank screen, invisible, with no subscreen. There's a timed tic warp going on. It's less than a second. There are combos cycling under you, cycling into a sensitive warp. -=The timed warp takes you to the first hub with nothing but your home town triggered. The sensitve warps take you to the next black screen, eventually leading to the most recently triggered hub with more warps available to you.=-

Thus, say you activate the Forest Temple's warp circle. It'll trigger the secrets for its layers, as well as the secrets for its loading screen. I have the screen flag "Secret stop timer" or whatever it's called, so it gives the combo-cycled combos enough time to cycle to lead you to the next hub screen, rather than warping you to the blank one.

Now, yes, I am well aware that this system requires you to activate these in sequence. For NeoFirst, that's acceptable. It's also why I'm leaving this open ended for you guys to analyze and recommend something else if you can think of something better.