Seriously. Download the demo if you don't believe me. It makes the first three episodes cool - if that's not enough, I don't know what is.

If you've never heard of it, then I'll explain. Lego Star Wars basically takes the first three Star Wars films (The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and the forthcoming Revenge of the Sith) and turns them into an action-adventure game. And then turns everything to Lego.

It sounds crazy, but believe me - once you've seen it in action, you'll love it. It's not just a last minute thing, it's integral to the game - you use the force to 'build' bridges and ships out of random Lego bricks, the characters literally fall to pieces when destroyed, the 'Lego studs' that you have to collect (and from which you lose some should you die), it all ads together o make a wonderful platform game that's quite simply unique.

To quote from the Gamespy review (which, contrary to popular belief, actually gets it spot on): "Whenever you 'die' you simply lose some of the studs you collected, most of which your teammate can quickly scoop up. It's pretty much impossible not to complete a level; this is one of the friendliest games on the market. It's a challenge to get all the stuff, but never a challenge to forge on ahead.

Adding to that playful sense of fun are the great cutscenes, where hysterically animated LEGO characters mutely grunt their way through key scenes in the movies. Yep, there's no actual spoken dialogue: that means nobody ever utters the word "metachlorians." Even if you didn't necessarily like the movies, you'll probably have a great time with the game.

That's what LEGO Star Wars is all about: a great time. Whether it's the nostalgia or the cuteness that hooks you in, the gameplay makes it worth sticking around. SO many games take themselves too seriously and forget about the fun; that's not a problem here. Heck, in a perfect world, we'd love to see this concept taken to other franchises like The Matrix, Spider-Man or Lord of the Rings. ...if you're packing a couple of gamepads, the PC version is almost certain to please."

This is one of the greatest based-on-a-film games out there, and I urge everybody here to at least try it. Believe me, you won't regret it.

That Gamespy review.