How many members do we have here that know anything about, or perhaps have any of the rare hardware that has been made for various ussually cartridge based systems? I think the most common thing members might have would be what's recent, being the GameBoy Advance flash card sets.

So have you heard about these things before? Do you own any? Would you like to own any?

I have gotten my first recently, tuesday infact. I got a "Game Doctor SFIII" which is a Super Famicom (japanese SNES) bakup device/copier. It's really fun to play all these SNES games that I never aqquired on a real system. For anyone who doesn't know about these copiers they have onboard RAM which is loaded with the ROM of a game. You load it from various sources depending on the unit. Older consoles, like SNES and Genesis ussually loaded from Floppy disks (standard 3.5") while later ones like the N64 used CD-Roms or even Zip Disks.

I was going to get a Z64 awhile back, but the price tag was just way too much. Around 300$. Too much money for probably only a handfull of N64 games to play.

Back to the SNES, my GDSF3 only has the standard 16Mbits of ram, which means I can only load ROMs of 16Mbits or less, aka 2Mbytes. I plan to buy more memory though to boost it to 32Mbits (4MBytes) so I'll be able to load any game that was released in USA, as no games released here ever exceeded 32.

I don't know if I'd wanna get another device though unless it were another better one for SNES. Considering the cost of these units you better like alot of games to consider buying one. Although I've found the Game Doctor series for SNES/SFC isn't too bad at all. You can probably get one for around 60$.

Now back to playing good old Super Nintendo.