1. Added a test feature to ZQuest (under the Quest menu). All it does is run Zelda, so you need to save before you use it or you won't see your changes. Also, in the DOS version (haven't tested the Windows version yet), when you come back from testing, the menu is blacked out and mouse movement is jerky. No idea why. If I can't get this problem licked soon, I'll take it back out.

2. How best to describe this... Um... Just look at the pic, I guess...

(nam)

Note:
-No, that's not 16 or 24-bit, it's still 8-bit color (using a translucency table).
-I haven't tested it with palette cycling, but I bet it won't work right. Colors that cycle probably won't appear to cycle any time they go under a translucent layer.
-No, the fog isn't scrolling. It's stationary.
-No, that's not an environmental effect, it's a layer. In fact, if you walk under the archway, it will cast a shadow on you.
-No, I don't want you telling anyone about this. This is probably not a production feature and will most likely not be given to the custom quest contest participants as it is still buggy. For instance, when the image is the size of your screen, the colors look a little odd. However, just for your enjoyment, I will probably stick it in beta 150 to get your opinions. I will have to make a different version for the custom quest people, though, I suppose.

3. Working on custom dmap minimaps.