What's new/fixed in this version:

1. Added a breakable shields rule. Old quests have this enabled by default. With if off, you can't break darknut shields with the hammer anymore.

2. Potions now restore magic, too.

3. Magic refilling is 4 times as fast now.

4. Fixed the zoras. When I fixed the new enemy tile animation code, I broke the zoras. They became very... fast.

5. Fixed the range on the super bomb for triggering bomb and super bomb flags. Now, If the inner smoke patterns hit the flag, it will trigger. Before, the very center smoke pattern hat to hit the trigger.

6. Fixed the "no subscreen" quest rule. Now, the subscreen won't activate when you hit the "start" button and there is no black border on the game field when you activate the menu.

7. Fixed (for real, this time, I hope) the bug where Link would sometimes freeze for an intro string and would stay frozen.

8. Fixed (again, for real, this time, I hope) the bug where intro strings would show up more than one time (it might show up again if you enter a DMap a second time).

9. Fixed string linking where the correct string is displayed now instead of just the next string in the list.

10. Not a biggie, but a small asthetic changeL Now, message strings, intro strings, and dmap titles only display the edit cursor in ZQuest if you are actually editing the string.

I'm currently checking into the possibility of making it where you can set the compas and continue points for DMaps by holding down Ctrl or Alt and clicking on the grid area. Also, looking into allowing each DMap to have its own custom minimap. If its not set, then the correct minimap (overworld or dungeon) will be used instead.

Any other thoughts, bugs, enhancement suggestions? Bugs are most important, of course.

I'm sure that the bug that previously was corrupting quests that had exactly 256 combos is still around. I think it's a roaming bug, though, so something else may trigger it now. You might want to turn on the auto-backup feature.

Anyway, here are the files:

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 149 for DOS
+zelda.exe
+zquest.exe

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 149 for Windows
+zelda-w.exe
+zquest-w.exe

Here's the new support archives:

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 147+ Support Archive
+1st.qst
+2nd.qst
+3rd.qst
+new enemy tiles.pdf
+new.til
+newfirst-fixed.qst
+zelda.dat
+zgp.dat
+zquest.dat

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 144+ Windows Support Archive
+alleg40.dll

If you already have the beta 144+ support archive, just download these two files:

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 147 NewDefault patch
+zgp.dat

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 147 Game Engine Datafile patch
+zelda.dat