Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.06%

A fantastic opportunity for a very talented ZC Quest Maker

This is not intended to start a discussion - it's more an invitation to trade with me. So, if you are interested in trading with me please reply to this via PM and we'll talk further. Not interested in trading? This isn't for you.

I seek the services of a very talented quest maker to make a type B masterpiece quest for me. A type B quest is one that is extremely combat focused, typically combined with high levels of difficulty and interesting challenges that are creative and varied. This is not to be confused with type A quests which are puzzle focused and typically have day/night, ice/water, hot/cold mechanics as well as block puzzles, beautiful over-world graphics, easy to non-existent combat and a very complicated and long storyline with lots of NPC interactions. I am NOT after a type A quest so if that is all you are prepared to make then you need not apply.

In return, I offer the following:

Money - lots and lots of money. I'm not talking about your normal $50 steam game here. I'm talking about paying you for the hours you need to make the quest. A typical quest of any decent quality takes hundreds if not thousands of hours to make and you need this support so that you can comfortably work on it and maintain a good standard of living. If you don't have this then the chances of the quest being cancelled is significantly increased and this has happened quite often in ZC which is probably why we see many, many cancelled quests here.

In the computer game industry, people who are making their own game independent of any company are called "indie" developers. Typically, an "indie" developer makes a demo of their game and starts a kickstarter campaign to raise money to support them whilst they are making their game. The kickstarter campaign asks the community to contribute money for the game during it's development. This kickstarter campaign aims to achieve a minimum amount and only when that funding goal is reached does work begin on the full game. If the minimum amount is not reached then its game cancelled and no effort is even made to make the game which is an indication of just how important money is during a game's development phase. If the money raised far exceeds the minimum amount then additional features of the game are promised such as easy, medium and hard difficulty.

If we work together, I promise you that I'll take care of you and make sure that you have all your worldly needs looked after whilst you're working on our quest.

Scripting - if you can't script then I'll script for you. I'm not the best scripter and I can only promise you things that are moderately complicated to script. Certainly any fully scripted bosses or complicated features are out of the question and your pay won't be as good as someone who can script.

Expertise - This isn't the first time I've sponsored a quest here. In fact, I've sponsored several quests and I boast a 100% completion rate so I think I know very much what I'm doing. I know about all the uncomfortable truths that surface whilst making a quest and I have dealt with them and solved them. You can always talk to me about really dicey issues and I'll listen and there's a good chance I can fix them before they become real issues and cause the quest to be cancelled.

A couple of other things:

You don't need to "love" type B quests to apply. You can be a complete mercenary. Whilst I don't require that you "love" the type B quest that you will be making, you certainly have to be able to make one and make one that is very good. If you are a type A player this might pose issues for you since you likely won't know what a good type B quest looks like and you are likely to be incapable of playing a very difficult type B quest. If you can't play a type B quest then how are you going to know if what you are creating is possible to complete? How will you know that what you've created is a "beautiful" type B difficulty balance? These are issues that you need to solve before you apply and I won't be paying for this investment. The risk/reward investment calculation that you'll have to make is up to you.

Type B quests have an atrocious record of not being popular and not being well-received with the ZC community. Therefore, its completely up to you whether or not you release the quest (for free in the "normal" way quests are distributed) once it's finished. If you choose to release the quest, then there will likely be a very small fanbase for it. If this is a problem for you then please don't apply.

If you're interested in trading with me, then please PM me and tell me of any previous type B quests you've made that are on the database. If you don't have a type B quest that's on the database then you'll need to make a demo of a type B quest to demonstrate your ability. And let me know what you would expect to be paid for them so that I have an idea of how much it will cost to make a full type B quest.
    James's three laws of quest making:

1) Quest makers put their tastes and preferences first and everyone else second
    2) The "everyone else second" part can only be implemented if and only if it takes a very short time.
    3) If large amounts of money are being paid for the quest change rule number 1 to "sponsor tastes first and own tastes second" and rule number 2 to "must be implemented even if it takes nearly forever".

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.75%
    I love you so much. ��

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.06%
    I love you too Chris Miller and if you can be my trading partner I'll love you even more.

2) The "everyone else second" part can only be implemented if and only if it takes a very short time.
    3) If large amounts of money are being paid for the quest change rule number 1 to "sponsor tastes first and own tastes second" and rule number 2 to "must be implemented even if it takes nearly forever".

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    Quote Originally Posted by James24 View Post
    This is not intended to start a discussion - it's more an invitation to trade with me. So, if you are interested in trading with me please reply to this via PM and we'll talk further. Not interested in trading? This isn't for you.

I seek the services of a very talented quest maker to make a type B masterpiece quest for me. A type B quest is one that is extremely combat focused, typically combined with high levels of difficulty and interesting challenges that are creative and varied. This is not to be confused with type A quests which are puzzle focused and typically have day/night, ice/water, hot/cold mechanics as well as block puzzles, beautiful over-world graphics, easy to non-existent combat and a very complicated and long storyline with lots of NPC interactions. I am NOT after a type A quest so if that is all you are prepared to make then you need not apply.

In return, I offer the following:

Money - lots and lots of money. I'm not talking about your normal $50 steam game here. I'm talking about paying you for the hours you need to make the quest. A typical quest of any decent quality takes hundreds if not thousands of hours to make and you need this support so that you can comfortably work on it and maintain a good standard of living. If you don't have this then the chances of the quest being cancelled is significantly increased and this has happened quite often in ZC which is probably why we see many, many cancelled quests here.

In the computer game industry, people who are making their own game independent of any company are called "indie" developers. Typically, an "indie" developer makes a demo of their game and starts a kickstarter campaign to raise money to support them whilst they are making their game. The kickstarter campaign asks the community to contribute money for the game during it's development. This kickstarter campaign aims to achieve a minimum amount and only when that funding goal is reached does work begin on the full game. If the minimum amount is not reached then its game cancelled and no effort is even made to make the game which is an indication of just how important money is during a game's development phase. If the money raised far exceeds the minimum amount then additional features of the game are promised such as easy, medium and hard difficulty.

If we work together, I promise you that I'll take care of you and make sure that you have all your worldly needs looked after whilst you're working on our quest.

Scripting - if you can't script then I'll script for you. I'm not the best scripter and I can only promise you things that are moderately complicated to script. Certainly any fully scripted bosses or complicated features are out of the question and your pay won't be as good as someone who can script.

Expertise - This isn't the first time I've sponsored a quest here. In fact, I've sponsored several quests and I boast a 100% completion rate so I think I know very much what I'm doing. I know about all the uncomfortable truths that surface whilst making a quest and I have dealt with them and solved them. You can always talk to me about really dicey issues and I'll listen and there's a good chance I can fix them before they become real issues and cause the quest to be cancelled.

A couple of other things:

You don't need to "love" type B quests to apply. You can be a complete mercenary. Whilst I don't require that you "love" the type B quest that you will be making, you certainly have to be able to make one and make one that is very good. If you are a type A player this might pose issues for you since you likely won't know what a good type B quest looks like and you are likely to be incapable of playing a very difficult type B quest. If you can't play a type B quest then how are you going to know if what you are creating is possible to complete? How will you know that what you've created is a "beautiful" type B difficulty balance? These are issues that you need to solve before you apply and I won't be paying for this investment. The risk/reward investment calculation that you'll have to make is up to you.

Type B quests have an atrocious record of not being popular and not being well-received with the ZC community. Therefore, its completely up to you whether or not you release the quest (for free in the "normal" way quests are distributed) once it's finished. If you choose to release the quest, then there will likely be a very small fanbase for it. If this is a problem for you then please don't apply.

If you're interested in trading with me, then please PM me and tell me of any previous type B quests you've made that are on the database. If you don't have a type B quest that's on the database then you'll need to make a demo of a type B quest to demonstrate your ability. And let me know what you would expect to be paid for them so that I have an idea of how much it will cost to make lots of ota full type B quest.
    Fek it. I will make this but quantify 'lots of money'

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    As in: contract me at a hourly rate and I will make whatever you say. I was involved with Zach's Outands a beat both quests on real HW

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.06%
    Sorry for the really late reply Zoria, but you answered this almost 6 months after I posted it. Plus, I was already involved with making a quest with someone else at the time and I wouldn't have liked to do 2 projects at once. If you're still interested in my offer, please send me a demonstration of your work that you think is good type B quality and tell me how much you would want for it. This is best done private via email or PM so please do so if you want to proceed.

Thread Information