vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.8%

Another Zelda Classic not working full screen on Windows 10 thread

OS: Windows 10 Home Edition version 1909, build 18363.719
    Processor: AMD A6 9225 Radeon R4
    Graphics: Amd Radeon R4
    Display size: 1366 x 768
    Zelda Classic version: 2.53 LTS release (final)2.

I played ZC on Windows XP in the past and enjoyed it. It was interesting to see what quests other fans could come up with. I was happy to find a version for Windows 10. However, I am unable to play in full screen. When I run it from the launcher, the screen alternates from the launcher to a blank screen with the Zelda Classic title bar two or three times, then runs in a window. I tried changing the settings in the launcher screen, no help. I also found a thread which suggested downloading version 2.53rc3 and installing DXGL, but when I did that Zelda Classic crashed with an exception error. Does anyone have a definitive guide to getting it to run full screen on Windows 10?

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    Quote Originally Posted by Thulcedoom View Post
    OS: Windows 10 Home Edition version 1909, build 18363.719
    Processor: AMD A6 9225 Radeon R4
    Graphics: Amd Radeon R4
    Display size: 1366 x 768
    Zelda Classic version: 2.53 LTS release (final)2.

I played ZC on Windows XP in the past and enjoyed it. It was interesting to see what quests other fans could come up with. I was happy to find a version for Windows 10. However, I am unable to play in full screen. When I run it from the launcher, the screen alternates from the launcher to a blank screen with the Zelda Classic title bar two or three times, then runs in a window. I tried changing the settings in the launcher screen, no help. I also found a thread which suggested downloading version 2.53rc3 and installing DXGL, but when I did that Zelda Classic crashed with an exception error. Does anyone have a definitive guide to getting it to run full screen on Windows 10?
    If you update to the 2.53.1 Beta builds, they come with DXGL, and you can toggle it on with ZLaunch, to allow fullscreen.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.8%
    Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the 2.53.1_Win_beta_36 file, ran the launcher and enabled dxgl. I selected full screen and 1280x960 resolution and ran from the launcher but got an error message: "The application failed to start correctly (0x000007b)". I get the same error when launching the Zelda.exe and zquest.exe files. Did I download the wrong file?

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the 2.53.1_Win_beta_36 file, ran the launcher and enabled dxgl. I selected full screen and 1280x960 resolution and ran from the launcher but got an error message: "The application failed to start correctly (0x000007b)". I get the same error when launching the Zelda.exe and zquest.exe files. Did I download the wrong file?
    That's very strange, and seems like a DXGL issue @BFeely

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.8%
    Urgh, leave it to me to find a unique problem. Just a shot in the dark, does DXGL have anything to do with the webp library?

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.8%
    Some good news, I got Zelda Classic to work full screen. I installed DXGL separately, downloaded version ZC 2.5.3, ran the DXGL configuration and added Zelda Classic. I then ran the launcher and selected full screen with a 1280 X 960 resolution. Zelda Classic goes full screen but not the Quest Editor. Also, it does not seem to save the configuration.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    B
    Some good news, I got Zelda Classic to work full screen. I installed DXGL separately, downloaded version ZC 2.5.3, ran the DXGL configuration and added Zelda Classic. I then ran the launcher and selected full screen with a 1280 X 960 resolution. Zelda Classic goes full screen but not the Quest Editor. Also, it does not seem to save the configuration.
    Brilliant.

Thread Information