221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%
    I only vaguely remember the Pac-Man cartoon, didnt watch it very often. Can't remember that other one though...gonna have to Google that to jog my memory.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.81%
    It was a good show, or at least it started out that way. My favorite segments were Q*Bert and Frogger, not just because those were two of my favorite games. It was also because they were entertaining to watch, especially considering that neither game had much of a plot. For instance, WHY was Q*Bert trying to change those cube colors, and why were the purple guys so dead set on preventing him from doing it? Frogger was trying to get across the street and river to his home, but what was he doing all the way on the opposite side in the first place?
    Keep your words soft and sweet in case you have to eat them.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.53%
    @PinkFairy I liked Supercade too until they got rid of some of the better ones in favor of some new ones, like an obscure game called Kangaroo and the Pole Position segment which I considered a very bad interpretation of the game. It's racing, not stunt driving.
    @mrz84 I didn't like Captain N at all, especially since I was a fan of the Castlevania game and hated their portrayal of Simon Belmont. Plus I thought the storylines were kind of stupid. And how can they have Mother Brain but not Samus Aran?

EDIT: I remembered that wrong: Pole Position was its own show, not a segment on Supercade.
    Last edited by TheDarkOne; 08-28-2019 at 05:05 PM.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.53%
    It’s been a long time since anyone has posted in this thread, but I’m going to bring up one I just saw recently that was supposedly based on Tekken. That was the title and as far as I could tell that was all it has in common with the game. I remember an animated movie (direct-to-video) that was much closer to the game. They should have left well enough alone.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.8%
    I thought Assassin's Creed was pretty bad. Using drugs and technology to regress humans to past lives was a horrible idea. And the level of detail shown in those "memories" was unbelievable.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.53%
    The Resident Evil movies certainly don’t have much connection tp the game. I really hated the way they portrayed Claire Redfield. And no Leon? He’s the best RE character by far!

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%
    The first movie was ok despite its deviation from the original game's plot while the second RE movie was slightly worse but I like what they did with Nemesis. However the movies should have ended there or given to another director. I fear for the Monster Hunter movie because not only is the same director involved but his wife is of course been included and will no doubt be given top billing of the cast and the plot from what has been revealed involves A United Nations military team falls into a portal to an alternate world, where Hunters fight giant monsters. Two groups work together to defend the portal, thwarting monsters from entering and invading Earth. Also they want to make multiple films.

I think Capcom needs to rethink their standards for video game movies.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.53%
    You think Capcom would have learned their lesson from Street Fighter, but no, because Legend of Chun Li (although I did think Michael Clarke Duncan was a good choice to play Balrog). They seem to give way too much creative license to the people who want to turn their games into movies.

Thread Information