User Tag List

Thread: I got my first gaming PC. What’s some solid beginner advice you have?

Banned Just registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.83%

I got my first gaming PC. What’s some solid beginner advice you have?

I’ve been a console player ever since I started playing games. I recently ordered a gaming PC from a local builder here in South Korea. I wouldn’t say I’m a computer expert, but I’m not a novice either.free netflix tech news android 9 However I’ve been using a MacBook most of my adult life.

Is there anything to be especially careful of? Websites or mod sites to avoid? Common traps to be wary of? Things to be mindful of while maintaining my pc?

Thanks for any wisdom you might have!
    Last edited by Jacobcullen; 03-09-2019 at 12:42 AM.

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.02%
    All I can say about PCs in general is that there is a level of common sense to be applied to using them. I learned early on that diving directly on downloads people posted in internet chat rooms was a quick way to get yourself subsevened. In modern times, there are far worse things to fear than that, such as ransomware. Just keep a cool head, and if something seems fishy inspect all possible angles before taking action. Say for instance, you're on an unencrypted website and you get a red page saying you've been infected. DONT jump to the conclusion that you've been infected. Also dont click or enter anything on the site. This happens a lot and it can easily be solved by restarting your browser in safe mode. If you happen to be using Windows 10, be sure its always up to date. It has a built in malware scanner that relies on updates and works reasonably well.

Thread Information