Quote Originally Posted by James24 View Post
If you play the 3rd quest in 1.92 B183 its actually a lot more difficult than if you play in 2.53. This is because of the enemy weapon half-tile offset. In 1.92 (the version Alpha Dawg wrote and tested the 3rd quest under), combat was a lot more difficult because if Link was a half-tile up, down, left or right from an enemy projectile weapon the game engine still counted that as a "hit" whereas in 2.53 the game engine counts that as a "miss". So, if you're playing the 2.53 version, you're not playing the author's "true" mode - you're playing a nerfed mode that's due to ZC's game engine changing. This should be fixed but I don't think it will because it would be too costly to change the game engine.
Ah, this is because the uest was last saved in a 2.50 build. The old build of the quest, from 1.92, should not have this issue. I could also easily make a build of 3rd with that bit enabled, and make it available as a 'more pure' version as extra DLC.

You can toggle the halftile collision for quests made in some specific versions of ZC, from a menu now, because the behaviour was in flux during the development phase of the engine in those versions. This is a user-set patch, but you cannot apply it to 2.50 quests, or any version in which the questmaker could set that as a rule.

Same thing for some other old behaviour, such as windrobe spawning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
In hindsight you should probably go to the 3rd quest if you died zero times regardless of other things.

We can fix the 3rd quest if there's actually a bug in it. What screen number, and what would the proposed fix be?

I could add that as a secondary objective, with one line of code. Not a bad idea, and it seems better than having max hearts, as needing max hearts punishes speedrunners. The entire quest order thing is optional as of 2.55 alpha 2 or so, but in 2.53, this wouldn't be out of line.

Back OT: @Joeiiii Are there any enemies wthat drop bombs in the area where Link can be locked?