Yeah, I remember playing this quest a while back. It seems you've updated it since. And yeah, I remember that level 1 was quite challenging and entertaining. But there were some major flaws that really put me off.

I remember I quit playing when I found level 2 was hidden behind some arbitrary rock. Quests should never ever hide dungeon entrances, key items or anything else that is needed to finish the quest behind arbitrary secrets. I found that one but if I know the designer does things like that then its likely I'll get stuck later on and I don't want to spend hours bombing arbitrary rocks to find something I need to win the game.

Also the player needs to grind quite a bit to get themselves the gear that's needed to play the game. Grinding is bad. Better idea for challenge quests would be to give the item for free when the player beats a combat challenge.

Zelda 3 is a typical type B quest. All the more proof of the type A/type B dichotomy. And were you able to get the type A players on board with it? I haven't seen any of them post support for your easy and super-easy modes. But I don't think you'll ever win them over since what they are looking for in quests is high quality graphics and type A dungeon gimmicks like you see in IoR.