Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.75%
    I don't think that's the problem.

The data[] array has size 176; the upper four bits come from cy and the lower four from cx. (160 & 0xF0) is the same as (168 & 0xF0) so changing the bound from 160 to 168 won't make any difference.

The best way to find the bug, if you are able to reproduce it, is to run ZC in a debugger and get a stack trace at the moment the out-of-bounds access occurs. I don't think the bug could be in either of the lookahead functions: it's easy to check that the maximum possible value of "combo" is

(160 & 0xF0) + (240 >> 4) = 175 < 176

as required, and clearly combo >= 0.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.72%
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon View Post
    I don't think that's the problem.

The data[] array has size 176; the upper four bits come from cy and the lower four from cx. (160 & 0xF0) is the same as (168 & 0xF0) so changing the bound from 160 to 168 won't make any difference.

The best way to find the bug, if you are able to reproduce it, is to run ZC in a debugger and get a stack trace at the moment the out-of-bounds access occurs. I don't think the bug could be in either of the lookahead functions: it's easy to check that the maximum possible value of "combo" is

(160 & 0xF0) + (240 >> 4) = 175 < 176

as required, and clearly combo >= 0.

It did in fact, actually fix it, and 168 is the maximum y value in a number of other functions throughout link.cpp. Compare to WalfFlagInfo(), blits of the playing field, and the pixel shift for red_shift(). Why did you try to bound it to 160?

I still do not know what bugs you originally intended to fix with the clamp change:

Fixed crashes when moving too fast.

What crashes? How do I reproduce them?

Thread Information