Quote Originally Posted by Saffith View Post
It was related to that. COMBOSDM worked differently than the others. It didn't zc_max things up to 0, it didn't subtract one from the map number, and it didn't validate the given map and screen numbers at all. The crash was because it didn't check whether the resulting screen was greater than the total number of screens. Fixing that didn't require changing the others, but the inconsistency annoyed me.

That was a mistake. Turned out I fixed a problem that hadn't made it into any released builds. Actually, it was an error in that change in 1799; it originally checked scr<MAPSCRS rather than sc<MAPSCRS.

It's still up, yes. You'd have to talk to DD about access.

I spent ~6 hours working with these today. For whatever reason, quests that rely on the functions absolutely depend on them working precisely as they did in 2.50.2 and earlier. For a comparison, try to play ( this quest ) using Beta 10, and then try it in Beta 10 with these redacted to 2.50.2 code.

I produced > 35 builds today, just trying to sort this specific issue. It was quite ugly, and I would like to have a better resolution. but I already know the way this is going to roll.