Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.72%

James Quest: Remastered Version 3.0

As everyone knows, I'm beta testing a lot of old quests for Zoria right now, and working on getting a lot of things restored. One of them is a release of old version quests that I made.

As I do that and restore the originals, sometime after my contest settles down (probably before Christmas), I need to address a few things in James Quest: Remastered. So there will be a 3.0 update.

What I have planned:

1. The 10-headed Gleeok will be addressed somehow. It is virtually impossible to do him live without segmentation. How I plan to do this at the moment remains in the air. (testing)
    2. I need to correct some lore elements to the quest. The Flame Sword needs to come back, and Level 6 needs to be addressed to some bit along with some of the strings. (in progress)
    3. I would like to change the life meter from hearts to a CV/NG style life meter. (testing)
    4. I need to address something in the Magidrakee behavior that is incorrect. (testing)
    5. Debating adding a Slash Room in (preferably somewhere late or possibly in the Hero Dungeon)

If anyone thinks something needs to be addressed, now is the time to do so. I lay two groundrules though:

1. No Easy Mode or overnerfing requests. If you want something easier, there are plenty of other options. I will not hear it.
    2. If I say no to something, don't get your panties in a bunch. I reserve that right.

Fire away.

Debating writing a new life meter too for the quest.

I guess the official changelog so far:

1. Changed the life meter to CV/NG style
    2. Blue and Red Candle animations updated
    3. Level 1 and MD-1 bosses have new colors
    4. Level 6 updated to reflect James Quest original's lore better (you'll understand when you get in)
    5. 10-headed Gleeok in the Whistle Dungeon nerfed.
    6. The Magic Sword is now the Flame Sword from James Quest Original

8/28/2017 Changelog:

1. Item Bubbles get new sprites
    2. Flashing Bubbles have new mechanic sprite-wise
    3. Endor DLC in testing
    4. Starting on string work
    5. Level 8 Death Knight got a sprite upgrade
    6. Fairies boosted from 3 Hearts to 5 Hearts.
    7. 20 Rupee Drops now on enemies in Rupee groups.
    8. Rupee colors changed

8/29/2017 changelog:

1. One of the items in the Bluefox Special DLC has been disabled in the Hero Dungeon, since it's a non-potion healing item

My staff (non-testers) for this will be @Matthew Bluefox and @Gleeok .
    Now to post about the two pieces of DLC additions to this quest:

1. Endor Colosseum: Actually requested in some of the comments on TK's LP, this would actually be pretty easy to do. Will pretty much follow the script (and possibly a similar enemy mechanic too!) of Chapter 2 of Dragon Quest IV. The end prize will be the Lens of Truth, in place of that hard room behind the King of Endor (still need food to get to this though)

2. Bluefox special: This will essentially be a Nightmare x Bluefox dungeon (or series of dungeons) where you have a lot of the enemies that showed up in the Deluxe, Mini, Maxi, and Randomizer series. There will be probably upgraded items as well as some Heart Container pieces along the way. The ultimate prize is the Slash, which I have softened my stance on lately after checking backwards compatibility

To accomodate for the Bluefox Dungeon the normal Magic Wand will be boosted to Magic Sword power.

-James
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-29-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.72%
    This is indefinitely delayed. I would like to have eweapon support, so the enemies do different various types of damage, including fire, ice, electric, and poison, to bring it more in line with Dragon Quest.

But for now, I will leave you with a teaser:

https://youtu.be/RCgy4eF-bss

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Thread Information