User Tag List

Thread: S&S The Third

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%

S&S The Third

@mrz84 @TheDarkOne
    Welcome back to the third RPG installment of sword and sorcery! Let's actually try to finish this one this time!
    Interesting in playing! Wonderful! All you need to do is fill out the following information.

IMPORTANT
    Open up notepad make a file called sword and sorcery notes and save it somewhere you'll remember.
    You may wish to jot some of this down for later reference.

Gender Male or Female
    Species Your race, humanoid only.
    Class Your class. Fantasy types only.
    Alignment Lawful-Neutral-Chaoticl | Good-Neutral-Evil "note paladins are always good, but not always lawful... some are chaotic which prefer to be called liberators"
    Equipment Your equipment. No Guns
    Knowledge pick any two or three below that would fit your character
    Background A short summary of your characters background. *optional

Knowledge Skill
    Everybody knows something, some more then others. But no one knows everything! These are Knowledge based skills and can give you a serious edge if you choose correctly.
    Also you guys do not know about each others knowledge at start, that will change over time.

Bonus Knowledge
    Some Classes "which i have generalized below have the following skills as a bonus!
    Mages get Arcana for free
    Clerics, Paladins, etc get Religion for free.
    Druids, Rangers, etc get Nature for free
    Rogues, Bards, get Local for free.

Arcana (ancient mysteries, magic traditions, arcane symbols, cryptic phrases, constructs, dragons, magical beasts)
    Architecture and Engineering (buildings, aqueducts, bridges, fortifications)
    Dungeoneering (aberrations, caverns, oozes, spelunking)
    Geography (lands, terrain, climate, people)
    History (royalty, wars, colonies, migrations, founding of cities)
    Local (legends, personalities, inhabitants, laws, customs, traditions, humanoids)
    Nature (animals, fey, giants, monstrous humanoids, plants, seasons and cycles, weather, vermin)
    Nobility and Royalty (lineages, heraldry, family trees, mottoes, personalities)
    Religion (gods and goddesses, mythic history, ecclesiastic tradition, holy symbols, undead)
    The Planes (the Inner Planes, the Outer Planes, the Astral Plane, the Ethereal Plane, outsiders, elementals, magic related to the planes)

Updates
    Updates are Yellow

Combat
    Combat is Red

re:Action
    re:Action blocks are special, if something happens that you get to react to, such as a preemptive strike.

intervention
    Intervention is something you guys can do... What's an intervention?
    An intervention is when you hi light me to intervene on someone elses action with your own because you wish to stop them from acting.
    You can intervene if you choose just besure to highlight me with @Tamamo

There is also STOP! block which should only be used if something happens that breaks several rules. "Doing multiple actions such as, Trip Locked Character, Steal Item, Insert Item in Character, Flee"

Rules | Information
    Rules are green as well as information pertaining to gameplay. Here are a few to start off. with including knowledge above.

Magic
    Magic Power comes from a few different sources, but is otherwise free form. If you are playing a mage please select one of the ones below with the exception of Innate or Profane.

Arcane: Arcane magic is said to come from draconic or supernatural blood or dedicated study. Sorcerers, Wizards, Warlocks, Mages, etc... MOSTLY use this power.
    Divine: Magic that is drawn from religious belief is divine magic. Only Divine Magic can heal and raise the dead.
    Nature: Magic that is drawn from Mother Earth for lack of better words.
    Profane: Fiends have and can provide access for a steep price to Profane Magic which gives the caster two pools of magic to draw from.
    Planar: Their are many planes, and some have elemental and alignment attributes to them. Planar Magic taps into these planes.
    Innate: Dragons, Gods, and Abberations have innate powers others do not. As do some people you have made deals.

Artifacts
    Minor Artifacts are allowed in the beginning one per character with limited ability at my discretion within reason.
    Major Artifacts are nearly indestructible and OP as hell. They are rewarded to individual players for Good RPing.

Cause and Effect
    When we switch consequences I will list cause and effects and the attitude of locked npcs will change.

Contacting Friends!
    On your journey you will come across npcs friend and foes. You can contact anyone who is on the contact list in the post below at anytime. If you have magic user they can send this message instantly.
    Otherwise it will take up to four weeks real time for them to respond based off location. If they are in the same location The time is next update.

Vetos
    I'm not CJC, if you obey the rules i will not veto your post. I am very adaptable when it comes to Role Playing, and most of the time I laugh my butt off when you guys play with me.

Update: 8-11-17
    It's a dark a storm knight... In search of shelter you run|ride through the storm and come to a inn and tavern... Thank heavens. Hopefully you can get some hot soup and a good glass ale. A room would be nice as well. You enter the tavern it's all but empty. The barkeep is washing a glass two concerned elves are whispering in the corner. A Gnoll is sharpening his ax. He smiles and nods at you. He is certainly quite the friendly Gnoll. Two dwarfs are harassing one of the waitresses. You spotted a woman in the exact same uniform walking pass you in the rain unarmed with just a basket of apples. Hopefully she'll be okay. You spot someone with his face wrapped tightly in a scarf. Theirs a poster of a halfing on the wall. "Janos, Dead or Alive 1000 gold" The Barkeep booms out "CLOSING IN 30 MINUTES LAST CALL FOR DRINKS." The Gnoll looks at you? Care for tale adventurer I'll buy you a drink? His hand offers your the chair ahead.

What will you do? Lots of people to choose to talk to here and those will knowledge local get a bonus choice!

Knowledge Local
    Spoiler: show
    Oh hell no! You've heard of that creap JANOS, leader of the redback bandits. Wanted for Theft, Rape, and even Murder. This area is his turf. That woman is in DANGER! Unfortunately if you leave now you may not make it back in time!
    Last edited by Tamamo; 08-11-2017 at 12:55 AM.

Thread Information