219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    I fire another arrow at the legs of dwarf A, intending to knock him off-balance. Meanwhile, the woman grabs a metal tankard from he dropped tray and cracks dwarf B across the face with it. He releases the gnoll and turns in rage toward the woman. I draw my longsword and leap between them (being a ranger I have a great degree of agility) I take a defensive stance, waiting for the dwarf to attack. The gnoll, in his battle-crazed frenzy, swings his axe at dwarf A.

read -t
    Last edited by Tamamo; 08-14-2017 at 10:57 PM.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    Jade pauses for a minute, looking in Calaena Tellarosa's eyes, and then takes her hand, leading her away from the nearest inn. "YOU'RE Calaena Tellarosa?? Trust me, you *DON'T* want to go to the inn around here!! Don't you know that JANOS operates around here? There's another woman that came running away from it, too... did you see her?

read -t
    Last edited by King Aquamentus; 08-15-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    ==================================================
    Rule Clarification: Celaena Affection Scoring

Meet Celaena, my character in order for her to work out as I need her to I have implemented something totally new to our RPG called Celaena Affection Scoring or CAS for short.
    Her powers as well as yours will increase based off how much she likes and respects you. So be sure to build strong friendships or even pursue a romantic relationship if you so choose. Just remember she is a PC and obey the same rules you would as normal.
    Just wait and see guys, it will all makes at the end of this arc.

Here are some example perks you will receive: Access to Celaena’s Spell List -3 affection rating, Spell Resistance 25 + CAS, Damage Reduction CAS/evil.
    WARNING: If she dislikes you all too much (TOTAL drops below -15) you will receive a bad end at the end of your current arc keep that in mind. Which means game over...

If you guys have any questions do ask.
    Last edited by Tamamo; 08-16-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    If you guys have any questions do ask.
    can you elaborate a little more on the perks and how they affect relationship? I'm a little confused by the descriptions.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    That's backwards,
    The higher your Celaena Affection Score the more perks you have. And the stronger she will become.
    Here is the full list of Celaena's Spells and the PC perks. The perks are tiered at 1,3,6,10,15,21,28,and 35.
    As you can problably guess something will happen to Celaena at the end of this story arc which is when all of this will become active.

Code:
    Appendix A: Celaena Affection Scoring  ‘CAS’
    Celaena Abilities
    Average CAS/2
    1.	Charm person, Detect Evil
    2.	Alter Self, Detect Thoughts
    3.	Suggestion, Tongues, Vampiric Touch
    4.	Charm Monster
    5.	Damnation Stride
    6.	Mass Suggestion
    7.	Ethereal Jaunt
    8.	Frightful Aspect, Sympathy
    9.	Power Word Kill
    10.	Become Mythic

PC Abilities
    CAS: 1,3,6,10,15,21,28,35
    I.	Profane Gifts 
    II.	Telepathy with Celaena
    III.	Access to Celaena’s Spell List -3 affection rating. e.g. CAS rating 10 you get access to them as if you we're celaena herself with a CAS of 7
    IV.	Gifts and Spells become Divine.
    V.	Spell Resistance 25 + CAS
    VI.	Damage Reduction CAS/evil
    VII.	Become Mythic
    VIII.	Divine Intervention “Celaena is God Tier at this point”
    Rule Clarification: What is Mythic?

Every one wants to go toe to toe with Mythical Evils/Goods (e.g. A demon lord) and win. As you are now, they will obliterate you. Currently the only option is to max out CAS (40 is the max)
    This drastically increases your survival chance if such an encounter where to happen. Their will always be a way to survive normally. But it will not kill them. In order to do that, you must defeat them using you mythic powers, more on that later.
    If you've played Pathfinder you have a good idea of how mythic stuff works, I will go in detail on this later. It has a much more broader spectrum in this multiverse.

tl;dr Your primary goal should be to become mythic and annihilate your foes like no one ever has before.
    Last edited by Tamamo; 08-16-2017 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    [[ok, got it. thanks. and updated]]

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Update

Artanis @TheDarkOne
    The gnoll chops off the dwarves head and the other dwarf passes out from his concussions.
    "Damn it that's two another dead body on your record Love, you need stop being so overprotective Yrrouh. Thanks for your help though, you too... Wait Never seen you here before, got a name honey? Food and Lodgings are free for you both tonight for helping me out of a tight spot."
    The gnoll shouts. "PARTY SIZE NACHOS OLD MAN!" and the barkeep shouts bacl "WE'RE ALL OUT!
    They look as if they're about to start arguing when the barmaid steps in.
    "They saved my life, dad, so bite your tongue and make the nachos!"
    "Fine" the old barkeep grumbles in defeat.
    The barmaid smiles at you and heads to the staircase, "Your in luck, my father's nachos are freaking awesome."
    "Names Lucy btw, I'll go prepare some rooms. Oh Yrrough is looking for work. He doesn't charge either, he does it to control his temper whatever that means."
    "It means I like killing things..." The gnoll smiles and dips a chip and eats it.
    *CRUNCH*
    He passes the tray of nachos. "try the elven wine it's pretty good, So What brings you to this part of the woods buddy?"

Lucy
    Spoiler: show

Yrrouh Soilfeet
    Spoiler: show

ooc: Is it just me or is this gnoll so ungnoll like.
    Jade @King Aquamentus
    She pauses and sizes your up and down for a minuite and begins to speak softly.
    "If there's another woman out here, Janos may already have her. I actually escaped from his camp, I would rather not go back. But if what you say is true and someone is in danger I will not stand idly by. I am going to be the village's Elder one day. Best start living up to the name. Follow me."
    She begins to move back the way she came and cocks her head over her shoulder. "Got a name?"
    Last edited by Tamamo; 08-15-2017 at 11:11 PM.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    Jade eagerly follows along, almost like a fangirl. "Jade Flouress, bard of the eastern (?) mountains. I have to admit, I was hoping to see a little action but I didn't count on this!!..." as she speaks, she awkwardly wonders if Calaena was aware she was a bard. Jade was no weakling for it, mind - some guys even found her a little intimidating, despite her relatively short and light stature - she just knew very little in the way of actual combat. "I-I mean not that I can't handle myself or anything, it's just my passion and all..."

"what are you doing??? Shut up shut up SHUT UP YOU NERD" Jade keeps thinking to herself.

((is there any sort of map for this world? I have no idea if mountains are actually to the east, that's why I'm wondering))

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%
    My character (will edit more in the morning, its almost midnight and I'm tired as hell)

The Crimson Mage (Crimson for short)
    Gender Female
    Species Dark Elf (glamour spell gives appearance of normal elf in areas where dark elves are hated)
    Class Cleric/Mage [Think Final Fantasy Red Mage]
    Alignment Chaoticl-Neutral
    Equipment Rapier, Buckler, Breastplate, Backpack with essential adventurering gear
    Knowledge ---To be filled later, too tired right now---
    Background Mercenaty for hire, will work jobs she sees fit (will elaborate more on later)
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    "The name's Artanis. It was my pleasure to help. As to why I'm here, this was just a stop on the road. I never stay in one place for long. You could say I'm sort of an explorer." I turn to Yrrouh. "I've never met a gnoll like you, and you were a great ally in that battle. So, what is your story?" ((Someone else or GM can supply the gnoll's response))

read -t
    Last edited by Tamamo; 08-19-2017 at 09:09 PM.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Thread Information