@DarkDragon , @ZoriaRPG , @Gleeok @War Lord

I just want to bring this particular topic as I do have some strong feelings about it.

But after reading some of the changelogs, I feel that Zelda Classic is going way too far away from what was originally intended. Also, there is still some negativity from previous bugs, Breaker, and other things, and quite frankly, after 17 years, some of the older people might want to move onto other projects and maybe even code their own stuff.

Plus, there's the DMCA craze.

I have a few suggestions on what to do:

1. Have this as a ZQUEST ONLY feature, but it will read in quests from whatever the last version before Whatever it comes in it comes in as, people have to make the updates like I did when I went from B182/3 to 2.50. But it's good for people that might want to update their work for a new version. It might suck for some people, but anything from 1.84 to 2.50.2 would have to be updated to 2.53, but it's the best way to deal with future compatibility.
2. Rebrand the entire thing. We had an amazing run as Zelda Classic (17 years, wow, a lot of games even small don't last that long). But we are growing smaller and on our last legs, and there is some deep division between us on vantage points. A total renaming of the project might not be a bad idea, especially if it goes into scripting/heavy new features.

Take it for what it's worth, but I thought I'd post these feelings in public.

-James