Hi everyone,

I'm in the middle of a massive cleanup of the quest loading code (which among other things will hopefully make it easier to import/export more parts of the .qst like sounds and items/sprites, and also lift many numerical limits in the quest).

While working on this part of the code I've stumbled upon the problems with .zgp files, which bundle together many different graphics settings in the quest. This made sense back when most of the quest elements like enemies, items, etc. were hard-coded and could only be customized by changing the graphics. As they currently stand, .zgp files are unsafe to import and export from different versions of ZQ, and will do strange things to your custom items if you import/export between different quests with different sets of custom items.

My understanding from talking to some people on chat is that .zgps are very rarely used, with most tiles being distributed as .qsts or as loose tiles/combos. Is this accurate? Would anybody miss .zgps if support for them were dropped?