259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.45%
    I say kill the change to combos that broke RC1 and tell people to not rely on that bug. Since 2.50.2 is the /actual/ latest stable version everything should be okey-dokey. :)
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.76%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    I say kill the change to combos that broke RC1 and tell people to not rely on that bug. Since 2.50.2 is the /actual/ latest stable version everything should be okey-dokey. :)
    FWIW, this is what I wanted to do, and I was overruled. The change is part of the present master because it is a necessary bugfix for SetComboSolid, but without the sophisticated ZScript version header system, it cannot be done without serious ramifications to older quests.

Thus, supporting 2.50.3 quests--if any exist--is not a problem for 2.51+, but a new stable build of 2.50.x could not run them if they call that function. That is the sole component of 2.50.3rc1 quests that would break; so not only would a quest need to be made in that gamma, but it would also need a script that does SetComboSOlid, which is not a popular instruction, before loading it in 2.50.2.1.569.sheep, is a problem.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.78%
    ZoriaRPG, why don't you ask the quest authors you know on Pure if they are using 2.50.3? If nobody is using it, we can just drop support for it. But I don't want to leave anybody screwed if they have spent hours building a quest in 2.50.3 (that said as the master currently stands there should be no issue loading 2.50.3 quests in the future using the master branch, as far as I can tell.)

Thread Information